Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where's good for buying complete PCs these days?
  • skidsareforkids
    Free Member

As per title really. My parents are after a new computer to replace their 12 year old “Time”… I used to be into computers, but now I’m totally out of touch as I’m an apple convert. They want to stick with windows as it’s taken them this long to learn how to use, and they want a complete machine so there is backup if need be (I won’t be around to help). They only really need it for photos, e-mail, and accounting, but they are likely to keep it for over a decade again, so want something that is more likely to keep up as system requirements increase 😯

Any ideas?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Apple Mac!

What?

Oh come on,we haven’t had a decent Mac vs PC fight in ages! 😀

BigJohn

Aldi, Lidl or Tesco.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

How about a laptop and if things go wrong it can easily be taken to a local computer shop rather than lugging a tower around. Can’t upgrade easily though, but then any PC is only future proof to a certain extent.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

They aren’t too fussed about cost as they would rather it lasted (IIRC the “Time” cost over £3k 12 years ago).
    They want to stick to desktops as they need a big screen and wouldn’t dream of moving a computer around incase they broke it. Plus it will be connected up to existing printer/scanner etc.
    I was thinking along the lines of Dell, Sony, etc…

molgrips
    Free Member

What makes a computer last is how you look after it, not what’s inside.

I’d look at Dabs, Scan or one of the bits vendors. They all do barebones systems and I’d trust them a lot further than Smell etc. Mainly because you’ll get a plain version of Windows on it, not something weighed down with crap you’ll never need and that’ll confuse the crap out of people.

hitman
    Free Member

Build one for them if you know how to, if not learn and then you can always upgrade it for them. Try overclockers for parts and tips.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where's good for buying complete PCs these days?’ is closed to new replies.