Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where would i get a replacement pivot bolt for a kona process?
  • westcoastmassive
    Free Member

I changed the swingarm and pivot bearings on my process 153 the other day and over-tightened one of the m10 spline bolts and cracked it. I know that was stupid and unecessary, but its done now. Thing is, i dont know where to get another one from…I contacted the shop I bought the bike from but they haven`t got back to me and the Kona website just says get in touch with the shop that sold you the bike! Anybody know of anywhere that might have these in stock to get me back in the game?

jaylittle
    Free Member

Chainreaction? They do stock spares for kona’s so you could see if they have the particular part you need.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Have you emailed Kona directly?

jakehinton
    Free Member

Ring the shop, or find another Kona dealer and get them to do the legwork. I think Paligap is the distributor, but yeah probably easier for a shop to contact them.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Paligap hasn’t distributed Kona for years. Kona dealer?

jakehinton
    Free Member

I stand corrected. It was a while ago now i had a Kona….

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

I checked the usual options, chainreaction were top of my list but Ive looked on wiggle, winstanleys, evans etc and done an extensive google and ebay search. I have tried Kona for parts and stuff before but they werent very forthcoming, they basically said get your local shop to contact us. I guess the best bet will be to try the shop again tomorrow, see if I can get any joy. Doesnt sound from what you are saying that there is a shortcut in this "process". Thisll teach me for always over-tightening everything!! Thanks for trying to help, folks.

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

In the spirit of passing on info once youve got it so that the next person who google-searches can find it...anyone with Kona issues should go to www.bikesandbuddies.co.uk, thats the shop that`s affiliated to Kona UK and they can sort out any part you need or any issue you might have. I first of all went through the shop I bought the bike from (Tredz…who have been brilliant with me by the way), who contacted bikesandbuddies who phoned me and sorted me right out.

volksman
    Free Member

Now go and buy yourself a good torque wrench.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where would i get a replacement pivot bolt for a kona process?’ is closed to new replies.