Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone recommend a hotel to stay in London for my wife, daughter, and me?
  • dickydownes
    Free Member

Looking to take in a show before Christmas and looking for a hotel/ apartment to stay in for the three of us.

Any recommendations?

Willing to pay a bit more for something nice. Budget £150 per night – if that’s realistic?

mattyfez

Booking in advance can often save a few quid, and if you don’t mind using the tube, prices drop off pretty quick the further away from the town centre you get.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge is nice and festive at Christmas – smart rooms and location is great for exploring the city centre. Can be expensive but check Trivago etc for deals. They do a studio room which has a basic kitchen (great if you have fussy eaters or are on a budget). It’s a lovely time of year to be in London!

zippykona

+1 park plaza. The kitchen is a god send . Really helpful staff and we had a view of The Eye.

njee20
    Free Member

Secret Hotel? Me and Mrs njee20 ended up at the Grange St Pauls for £100, which was very nice!

Tower Guoman is a bit tired, but fantastic location and often sensibly priced.

voodoo_chile

By tower bridge and guoman hotel indigo is excellent not far from brick lane too….recommend the jack the ripper tour too

jimbobo
    Free Member

Qbic. It’s well placed, cheap, has parking and is “quirky” but nicer than you’d expect for the money. When I’m working down there I always stay there. restaurant is good too!

bensales
    Free Member

From my experience over the last few weeks:

Park Plaza Riverbank (Albert Embankment). Nice, although a lot of building work going on. View of Westminster if you fork out for a posh room. Vauxhall tube only 10 mins walk.

Holiday Inn Kensington. Ok, but a little dated. Need ear plugs because of either the train or the road. Good facilities and tube (Gloucester Road) very close.

Holiday Inn Regent’s Park. Nicer internally than Kensington, but no gym. Short walk to tube.

Decided to stay in the Park Plaza through till March fwiw. On all three I get a good room B&B for less than 150 quid on my corporate rate, so should be doable on an advance purchase.

davidr

Definitely Qbic. Just off Brick Lane for a curry too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recommend a hotel to stay in London for my wife, daughter, and me?’ is closed to new replies.