Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Where was the best steak you have eaten?
  • scotabroad

I have just eaten one of the best by far I have tasted and that inlcudes ones what I have eaten in the USA and France. Very very tender and tasty.

It was in Dumfries believe it not and only 500 yards frae ma hoose!

“The Auld Alliance” in Moffat road, highly recommended 🙂

http://www.auldalliancedumfries.com

tails
    Free Member

mmmmm steak my sister says Argentinian people cook amazing steaks!

yunki
    Free Member

at home..

bigbob38
    Free Member

Le Petit Zinc – Annecy (1994,95,97,99,2002 + 2010!)

Drac

At home.

carlosg
    Free Member

It was in a little backstreet bistro in St Malo , there was a choice of about 20 steaks that were resting around an open fire that the chosen steak was then cooked over.

cxi
    Free Member

Quincy’s on Seventh in Calgary about four years ago.

mactheknife

Cancun – The Argentinian steakhouse.

Absolutely fooking amazing 😛

scaredypants

Kobe – in a small shack, cooked by a zen steakmaster over the flaming thighs of a ninja virgin

iDave
    Free Member

Some Matadors fanboi restaurant about 40 mins outside Madrid. Immense, delicious slab of succulent beef.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Plus 1 for Argentina(why cant I use the plus sign?). Cooked on an open fire as we sat around the campfire. Not sure it was just a steak though. More like half of a bullock.

Dumfries is closer though!

nickjb
    Free Member

The top 5 were all in South Africa. Hard to pick the best, possibly in Kruger. They like meat down there.

scuttler

St Kew Inn in Cornwall about 10 years ago. I’ve heard it’s not so much cop these days.

SidewaysTim

In a restaurant owned or run by some french guys near Appletreewick. It was fabulous, but well over ten years ago…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Had a proper nice one at The Rythre Arms, in Ryther near Tadcaster for my birfday a few years ago. I’ve heard it’s still good.
    http://rythrearms.co.uk/menu/

big_scot_nanny

Raemoir House Hotel, near Banchory, 1999, with some nice port and cheese to finish. Bloody amazing.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

San Antonio Texas, cant remember the name of the restaurant but we were treated to the meal by a company I deal with, we had chateaubriand and it melted in the mouth and was to die for non nom nom.

john_drummer
    Free Member

“The Wood”, Canmore, Alberta, July 2009

willej

Bistecca alla Fiorentina, at a tiny backstreet trattoria in Florence. Unmatched, so far. Awesome pear and chocolate tart there too.

jamesfifield

Gaucho Grill on Sloane Street, London. Argentinian steak house. 650g of chargrilled rump steak and a side of spinach with garlic and lemon. Drooling just thinking about it…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Steak bought from DW Wall butchers in Ludlow, cooked myself. Seared to a lovely caramelised medium lovelyness, With dauphinoise potatoes and runner beans from the garden.

I don’t buy a steak in a restaurant, because it’s never as good as it is when I cook it at home.

Divagirl
    Free Member

Chez moi, with fillet steak from Donald Russell 🙂

trailmonkey

In Madrid, La Vaquita Argentina, a small chain of restaurants doing Argie steaks over a charcoal grill.

Fabulous.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fillet steak last week at the Aviator in Farnborough. Had it this week again, wasn’t quite as good though. I even posted on here about it at the time.. I was almost in tears.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Argentine steak is the best there is. The last truly exceptional steak I had was at an Argentine place in errr….Andorra.

The steak in Alberta, Canada is incredible too.

Hornet600
    Free Member

The Keg in Banff, Canada
    mmmhhhh, with jacket potato…….off to the kitchen now!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I had a super fillet mignon with glass of house red in some inconspicuous place in Shepton Mallet. Was cheap too.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One of the best has to be at Gay Pride in 1993, in Victoria Park East London. In the VIP enclosure. There was a massive free BBQ, with these incredible marinaded steaks that they served up. Kylie (yes, THE Kylie) walked past me as I was eating mine. The steak was bigger than she was! 😯

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Some steak place in Whistler, Canada. Was even better tasting due to the exchange rate at the time.

higgo
    Free Member

Pave de boeuf in a place called (I think) Chalet du Lac Besson in Alpe d’Huez. Cooked over an open fire and served with pommes dauphinoise and a green salad. A late lunch with friends (and a glass of good red) after a good morning’s skiing. Splendid.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

“The Keg” in Banff Alberta, also home of the best nacho’s I’ve ever had and a glorious breakfast buffet.

MrSmith
    Free Member

nice onglet in the eagle farringdon
    home cooked rump from the ginger pig in bourough
    home shot/hung/butchered venison leg steaks on the BBQ
    but horse steak eaten in vilvoorde belgium (horse eating capital of the world) is the best steak i have eaten, worked there for a few months ate ate horse nearly every day. better then beef imho.

domino

At home is always the best. I’m in charge of the potatoes, Mrdomino does the steak. Otherwise, one of the highlights of holidays to Canada has been dinner at The Keg – been to ones in Banff, Whistler and Vancouver. Love the apple martinis whilest perusing the menu.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I’ve eaten at The Keg in Banff on numerous occasions whilst on ski seasons out there. Loved it every time.

The best steak in town though used to be in a place called Bumpers, opposite the Inns of Banff hotel.

Kevevs
    Free Member

my mam makes the best steak, with all the trimmings. Forget yer posh steak house or whatever.

mute
    Free Member

30 day hung organic aberdeen angus steak born and bred on my farm.

scuttler

Ahh – The Keg in Banff. I used to work round the corner from that place and got ‘staff discounts’. Happy days.

Kevevs
    Free Member

alright, apart from your hung scottish stuff.

amplebrew

Does anyone remember the Berni Inns?

I used to love their steaks with chips, onion rings, mushrooms and a dish from the salad bar 8)

The memories are flooding back!!!

Always putting After Eight mints on the plate when they brought the bill 8)

bruk

Best tasting steak, some little place in Saint -Germain quarter of Paris. Full of locals with dogs under the table, served only green salad, steak and frites. Fantastic.

Most anticipated some steakhouse in Prince George BC, after seeing the signs counting down on the roadside signs from miles away after sepndinga week eating rehydrated food whilst camping and canoeing the Bowron Lake circuit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Where was the best steak you have eaten?’ is closed to new replies.