Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where to stay near Antur Stiniog/Coed y Brenin north Wales in November?
  • osteo1
    Free Member

Any recommendations, needs to be pretty cheap with local pub nearby, or in a pub would also be good!

frogstomp

If you’re in a group the log cabins up the road from CyB can work out pretty reasonable and there’s a pub on-site.

rascal
    Free Member

Here…

http://www.bandbinsnowdonia.co.uk/

Stayed twice this year, once for CYB and once for Stiniog.
    Perfect for the latter as literally less than a mile away.

Really friendly Glenys runs it – great rooms all en-suite with great breakfast for £30.
    Safe internal bike storage too. Decent pub food just up the road (3 minute walk). A cool bar called Cell-B.

I was apprehensive first time as I’d heard a few bad things on here about Blaenau Ffestiniog. First time we went was a group of 5 and second a group of 4. No problems with the locals whatsoever.

It’s not the prettiest of places but it’s ideally located as is ‘on the up’.

For biking purposes this is now my default N Wales stop over.

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

Hi,
    We manage log cabins and 2 cottages/bunk houses 2 miles from Coed y Brenin trail head. We’re also about 12 miles from Antur Stiniog.
    The log cabins have to close from sunset on 3rd November until 1st December 2013 due to a local planning restriction but The Rhiw Goch Cottage and a new bunkhouse will be open. These properties are right next door to a pub serving great food.
    If you’d like more information drop me an email (info@cadairviewlodge.co.uk) or give me a call (01978 759603).
    Sue
    http://www.cadairviewlodge.co.uk

st

A slightly longer drive but The Vagabond Bunkhouse in BYC is great, small bar in the palce, great breakfasts, good showers.

Home

Stayed there last for a weekend before last Christmas for a weekend of riding including a day at Arthur Stenigoat.

farchynyshall
    Free Member

A brilliant and different idea would be to stay in a Victorian self catering manor house!

Farchynys Hall

Farchynys Hall offers self-catering accommodation and is located around 10 miles from Coed-y-Brenin and 25 miles from Antur Stiniog. The accommodation is great for individuals, friends or families and consists of:

-2 Double rooms
    -1 Twin room
    -Fully equipped kitchen and dining area
    -Living room with wood-burning stove, sofas and TV
    -Bathroom with wc, bath and separate en suite shower
    -Games room (pool, darts, electric organ)
    -Football field in the garden

Shops and pubs are easily accessible in two of the nearby towns Barmouth and Dolgellau.
    Welcome!

tomaso
    Free Member

Machynlleth is a good base

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve stayed with sue at Cadair view. Was a log cabin sleeping 6. Was spot on for what we needed! And the pub up the road serves great food!!!!

iolo
    Free Member

Home

Run by Dafydd and Sian, ex cafe owners at Coed y Brenin.
    On the weekends they shuttle you to the pub for free.

Tomato, do you really think Machynlleth is a good base for antur?

osteo1
    Free Member

Thank you for some great options the manor house is an interesting one have pinged an email off to them also the lodges are something I had overlooked!

iolo
    Free Member

Is it me or have some of these posters just registered here to sell their business?
    Maybe paying for an add or being recommended might be better for them.
    Just saying like.

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendation wrightyson. Hope that you’ll visit us again soon.

No Iolo we joined the forum a long time ago to help promote what’s available in the area and give visitors advice. Somebody suggested our log cabins higher up the post before I posted. I didn’t want the originator to think that as the log cabins aren’t available in November there are no other options there.

wrightyson
    Free Member

And I’ve been a member for years and recommended Cadair. We stayed there two years ago in january.

osteo1
    Free Member

Tried emailing Farchynyshall but no reply? Looks like the user joined up yesterday in response to my request!! Shame the cabins are shut for November. Thank you rascal waiting for a reply from them
    … any other recommendations out there?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Were staying here soon, owners very friendly, bunk house cheap and for £2 they run you to the pub and you get a 10% discount on food!

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/barn.htm

Will try and remember to report back next week.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Well , the barn was basic but warm and dry the setup great and very friendly.

Hot showers, power, water, loos, barn or more basic cabin or camping.

Right by Coed-y and 15 mins or so from Antur. Directly on the A470 and quite easy to find.

farchynyshall
    Free Member

Hi osteo1,

Have you received an e-mail back from Mike at Farchynys Hall yet?
    They have been on holidays in the US but are back in North Wales now and will be at Farchynys in November. I can also ask him to e-mail you if you’d like? Shall I use this e-mail address for you: info@moatosteopaths.com

Many thanks!

Northwind

Mates of mine stayed in the vagabond and had a nightmare… Betws-y-coed is a nice place to stay though, decent options for accomodation and food, not right on top of CYB and Antur but close enough. And, well, it’s just a bit nicer than the other towns I’ve visited in the area tbh. I’m a sucker for trees with a river running through them.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’ve stayed with sue at Cadair view.

And me, just the other week in fact. The food at said pub was shite tho, well the pie n chips i had were anyway.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Mates of mine stayed in the vagabond and had a nightmare…

really? do tell.

We stayed there beginning of the month and had a great time. one of the best hostels i’ve stayed in.

Northwind

Think it was mostly rowdy guests and total disinterest from the staff about that, but they didn’t have a good word for the place (all their tripadvisor reviews got pulled as well, the owner claimed they’d not been staying there that day apparently)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay near Antur Stiniog/Coed y Brenin north Wales in November?’ is closed to new replies.