Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • where to stay… in Wycombe
  • HansRey

I’ve got a wedding to go to in wycombe. Never has such a thing seemed so dull!

Can anyone recommend anywhere nice to stay there for a couple of nights?

tails
    Free Member

haha! nice in Wycombe!

There is a pub/restaurant in town called The Bell that I think has accommodation. The beer and food was always good there.

Maybe look out towards West Wycombe.

kayak23

I was a student there for 4 years, never ‘stayed’ there though. West Wycombe is a good call though unless you plan to walk back from a reception in town or anything, its quite far, but loads of Taxis.
    Some hotels on West Wycombe road but near town. Much of a muchness I think, a girlfriend used to work at one but the name escapes me now. The Hotel I mean, not the girlfriend…

Pick one at random and don’t mix with the locals… 😉
    I got shot at with an air rifle once on the cycle home from town near Green Street, then chased down when I protested….too quick though.
    Enjoy.

Dickyboy

Hansrey – where is the reception? I live in Wycombe & should be able to point you in the right direction of somewhere nearby

HansRey

it’s at the High Wycombe Cricket Club. Thanks dickyboy!

alexpalacefan

Hellfire Caves any good?

Wasn’t always such a boring place eh?

APF

Dickyboy

Drake Court Hotel – uninspiring but cheap & very close to cricket club
    Sausage Tree Pub – more pub restaurant than hotel, between train station & wobbling distance to the cricket club – worth a walk under the railway to the Belle Vue if you like a good music pub
    If its posh you want, then DeVere Venue Uplands or Lane End Conference Centre but it’ll be a taxi job – best price taxis are Premier Cars in Desborough
    Crown at Radnage – another taxi job but worth it if you are bringing your bike & don’t mind staying in the middle of nowhere

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘where to stay… in Wycombe’ is closed to new replies.