Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to put pump on Giant Trance…
  • scottyjohn
    Free Member

These days I prefer to have a bottle and a small saddle pack for tools and puncture kit etc, but due to the shape of the frame where the bottle cage goes on, I cant get the mount bracket to fit where it should go. Its a top peak mountain morph. Has anyone else came across this issue? Any clever solutions…..

RealMan
    Free Member

Cable tie it (or otherwise) to the seatpost, if there's enough. Or just stick it in your back pocket?

nbt

Pump goes in camelbak for me: have more than one bike, so easier for the pump to live in the bag than have a mount per bike

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Hmm. Im a big guy and a small camelback would look stupid on me I think. I have a Da Kine from my skiing days which is great, but quite big and heavy which is probably why I dont want to use it. There isnt enough room on the seatpost, but I wonder if I can get a snug enough fit next to the bottle cage with cable ties

IA

Pump fits fine on my (XL) trance bottlecage mount. Don't have any pics of it handy. But can't see why it wouldn't work for any other pump?

zip ties are no good, as you need to be able to remove and re-attach it. Failing the above, I'd be using velcro straps/sticky back velcro strips to secure it under the top tube.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

http://www.zorinpump.com/buy.htm#retrofit at the bottom of the page?
    No idea how it would cope with off road stuff though…

nbt

I wonder if I can get a snug enough fit next to the bottle cage with cable ties

Most pumps I've seen are designed to be fitted under the bottle cage? I've got a mountain morph, I gave away the frame fitting but I'm sure that was designed to go under the bottle cage

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Yeah its designed to go between the cage and the frame but on my bike because the frame bubbles out at that point, so the tabs on the pump brackets look too short to fit

tron
    Free Member

CO2 cartridges + one of those screw on cartridge piercers. Available dirt cheap from decathlon, as are the cartridges. Get the right size and they blow a tyre up to the right pressure in one go.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just bought one of the lezyne (sp?) packs of wiggle

15% off weekend + £5 voucher = £25 = 3l pack + multitool + pump + self adhesive patches + harribo + tyre levers + a really good bladder design = happy punter

Only problem is it has internal pockets for sunglesses and CO2 canisters, so now I'm looking at spending a fortune on oakleys and moving on from pumps and into the 21st century.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Longer bolts and washers under the pump mount? Presta locknuts are handy for these situations.

shermer75
    Free Member

Well, I suppose there's always….

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Hmm, never thought about raising the cage up with washers, that sounds like it may be the plan!

Ill have a bash tonight, thanks for all your help!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to put pump on Giant Trance…’ is closed to new replies.