Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to have a frame painted?
  • R.lepecha

Following my recent thread asking for photos of On-One 456’s, then finding out the geo on a 456 is the same as my frame I have now I am wondering where I could get my frame powder coated or enamel painted.

Not sure what type of paint would be best, I could do the job my self but I read you could get a professional job for the price of materials.

So powder coat, enamel or something else?

Point me in the right direction for a place to have it done too!

Thanks

AdeC
    Free Member

Agros Cycles in Bristol are ace.

feenster
    Free Member

Got a lovely job done on a Cotic Soul at a Argos cycles – they matched the Bianchi Green Colour for us, sent us some color disks to choose the exact colour before going ahead. Superb Quality job. Sent us some touch ups paint as well. Only thing I would say is it wasn’t cheap, and I would question spending loads on a paint job for an mtb – the first scratch hurt, and there are now quite a few. Depends how much you throw the bike around.

Another option might be your local motorcycle powder coaters who will do a powder coating that would survive nuclear war.

SamB
    Free Member

If you live in London, Armourtex in Hackney are good. Did my Socom in a rather fetching blue for £60, and managed to competently mask off all the areas that needed it (head tube faces, ISCG mounts, bearing holes, etc).

R.lepecha

If you dont mind me asking. The people who used Argos, how much did it cost?

I’ve emailed them asking but I might get a quicker reply on here for a general price. I’m looking to spend under £100 including postage(if I need to send it)

I’ve also emailed Woodrups Cycles in Leeds(where I am based) as they make custom frames which have to be painted somewhere.

The main reason I have been looking to have it done at a proper place is because the powder coating process can a affect heat treating, whether this would make any difference on a chromoly steel frame I dont know?

If it isn’t likely to affect it then I could probably have it powder coated cheap by a local powder coater.

feenster
    Free Member

from memory, We were best part of £200 by the time we couriered the frame. Would need to check back for what was included. Don’t think you’ll get Argos for <£100.

R.lepecha

Just looked at a place called Bob Jackson Cycles in Leeds, price is around £80 for a frame looking at threads on here where people have used them.

Anyone used Bob Jackson Cycles who can give their view?

Tracey

Try http://www.lsn-coatings.co.uk/ in Castleford we have had four bikes done there and they are first class. Cost between £45 and £65 which included stripping and masking out

R.lepecha

I have emailed LSN and most of the other powder coaters in the area to see where I can get it done.

Has anyone got any advise on where to have graphics made?

R.lepecha

Planned design.

Hopefully Slik can do me the graphics.
    If not can anyone advise me of somewhere else?
    Should I just try places that make car graphics?

daveawood
    Free Member

Bob Jackson are very good I’ve had three frames done there, road and MTB, and no problems. It’s worth talking over your options with them first in relation to the bikes’ normal use as there’s different finishes available but the quality is excellent.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bob Jackson are very good

Whereas I found the complete opposite.. The paint job on my CX was awful..
    It chipped off almost immediately, and they took the best part of 7weeks to turn it around..

Triple S in Bingley do some amazing Powdercoats & dont cost the earth.

Mugboo

Triple S in Bingley are very good but ring CAS coatings first at Eccleshill because they are cheap as chips. 4 Audi 17″ wheels in grey with silver fleck £104. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to have a frame painted?’ is closed to new replies.