Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 219 total)
  • Where does your username come from?
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Ex-brickie, bike injuries put an end to that.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Ready when you are bjj.andy.w

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Guess, sherlock

😉

Raymond

Raymond

White men can’t jump

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m a tool.

crankbreaker

My ability to break many many bike parts, most impressive when I got confused about how to install my brand spanking new raceface x-type cranks resulting in some VERY careful removal with an angle grinder.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Ecky-thump – you aint shoving one of those things anywhere near one of my orifices 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

My ability to break many many bike parts, most impressive when I got confused about how to install my brand spanking new raceface x-type cranks resulting in some VERY careful removal with an angle grinder.

😯

crankbreaker

And you thought you were the tool.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

It’s my name

crotchrocket
    Free Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crotchrocket

picked after I used one of these hugely entertaining, legal missiles to near end my existence on this planet.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

back in the day, I did something spectacually stupid which became known as doing a captain bastard – the name stuck

UncleFred
    Free Member

I Used to be a bit of a miserable sod, and one of my mates had an equally miserable uncle named fred, hence unclefred.

greeble
    Free Member

I’m a CG VFX artist and love Starwars

dukeduvet

duke duvet

Song by Saint Etienne, like the acoustic guitars on it. At the time I liked Sarah Cracknell the singer even more.

I quite like my bed too, although my wife takes the duvet most of the time…

chiefinspector
    Free Member

Some people think i’m a cop with my username but i used to work offshore on the oilrigs as an NDT Inspector. Due to me being very good at that job i added Chief into the name and it has kind of stuck. Some funny buggers on the rigs used to call me Inspector Gadget (remember the 80’s cartoon)but thankfully that didn’t stick.

ketchup
    Free Member

The username I wanted was taken so I looked across the table and seen a bottle of ketchup and thought that will do. I think the original name I wanted was Frosty the Snowman or something along those lines.

singletrackmind

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever

augustuswindsock

after the famous cyclist in the public information film, ‘that must be why he stayed alive so long!’ hope I’m not tempting fate there now I think about it!!!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

My best friend’s uncle used to tell the same joke whenever he saw me (which was quite often):

‘Hey, do you know the lake at *insert local park here*? They found a torso floating in it last week. They’re struggling to identify the body, but they’ve figured out his name is Scott.

Scott no arms, Scott no legs, Scott no head….’

How we laughed.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

when i first set up an ebay account i needed a name, and i was then still skating and older than pretty much all the other people (the whole longboard retro skate thing had’nt kicked off the the late 90s) it seemed like a good idea.

now i’m even older, only ever skate when i take my kid to the park and even then its just a gentle roll around for me, it nails my back and fear of injury that’ll stop me surfing is too much, so i may well change it to…

gavwasanoldskater

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

In honour of kaesae, I’m considering changing my name to AlmightyPumpkinHeadedLaserDudeWithFirstClassStampAndSecondClassAttitude

lizzz
    Free Member

Liz (my name… obviously) is just a little bit boring, so I went with a few extra z’s to make me so much more interesting.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

my name is simon and iam a bit portly(although less so now a days) and the mk2 came about after the great hack

colournoise

One of the two usernames I always use depending on what the forum etc. relates to.

On music related forums (forii?) and one or two others I tend to be pHz, which has a long and not very interesting origin and evolution.

On most other sites I use colournoise just because it kind if abstractly describes two of my other interests/hobbies/obsessions and because colournoisewheelspointytwangystuff is a bit unwieldy.

slainte ➡ rob

cloudnine
    Free Member

Im where you all want to be..

bobstammers
    Free Member

Comes from an episode of People Like Us from a few years ago, the Teachers episode.

Sketch goes like this:

two men walk into a room where there is a third man

1st guy : ” Do you know Bob Stanners?”
    2nd guy : “No, but my wifes brother had a hair lip”

Check out both series out if you haven’t although series two was never released on dvd as Chris Langham fell out of favour after the child allegation. Comedy gold for me. Also gave me a second alias of Greg Nissan (the main guy drove a G reg Nissan)

sparkyrhino

Because i like boiled eggs and seabrook crisps.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie was the fastest milkman in the West.

And the lynchpin of Western Express Dairies.

It’s a homage to that.

firsttothecafe
    Free Member

It all used to get a bit competitive on the local club run.

Sprinting for the cafe is one thing but once we started to launch solo attacks with 10-15 miles still to go we knew we had a problem!

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDWAMUcNDc[/video]

andyruss
    Free Member

Parents gave me it 49 years ago,seems to have stuck.

Rorschach
    Free Member

My fav comic and film
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARDhJ2dpuYU[/video]

Rorschach test is a psychological test in which subjects’ perceptions of inkblots are recorded and then analyzed.Psychologists use this test to examine a person’s personality characteristics and emotional functioning. It is employed to detect underlying thought disorder, especially in cases where patients are reluctant to describe their thinking processes openly

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Found it down the back of the sofa.

rossi46
    Free Member

Obviously 😀

whitegoodman
    Free Member

Hello new name here, dodgeball is the influence

Big-Pete
    Free Member

XXXL

CountZero

Look it up, I really can’t be arsed to explain it all over again.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Look it up, I really can’t be arsed to explain it all over again.

OK then.

Thanks anyway.

juanking

Errrrrr…..

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Where does your username come from?’ is closed to new replies.