Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where do you Holiday?
  • geologist
    Free Member

We cant decide where to holiday this year?

It will be our first foreign holiday apart from the xmas markets in Brussels with our lad (hes just turned 3). We dont want the brits abroad type thing, but the wifes keen for it to be short haul!

I have suggested the Alps, but shes not keen 🙁

Our thoughts are the Morocco coast, Agadir, or Cape Verde.

Any ideas?

Cheers

RustySpanner

Where do you summer? 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7reNuHNoSNg[/video]

You can have the chicken.

Greece, Portugal, Madeira, Ireland?

What are you looking for?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Never mind ‘What are you looking for’ More like ‘What’s your budget’

As for us two, Fort Willy in May, Cornwall in August & hopefully back to Goa next January.

geologist
    Free Member

Greece – No or maybe somewhere low key and undiscovered.
    Portugal – No
    Madeira – Out because the missus went there before she met me.
    Ireland – Possibilty

Im after some inspiration, Im a fussy bugger and choosing a holiday is becoming stressful. Surely its meant to be fun 🙂

We have a decent budget, lets just say its not going to stop us going anywhere.
    I love India, spent 5 weeks there the year before our lad was born. Cant wait to go back, but we have to wait untill hes 5 and had all his vaccinations.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Where do you Holiday?

geologist – Life is a holiday. Holiday is where you is. Holiday is inside of you. No need to go any place. Just holiday.

I’m serious.

SB

camster
    Free Member

Ha, just put a thread up looking for views on a holiday idea on the Greek Island of Lefkas, a place called Vassiliki. It’s fairly low key.

Other than that, we go to Jersey every year camping. Kids love it and the campsite is great.

Probably not much help give your initial thoughts though!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In recent years Summer hols have included
    Greece – Halkidiki thrice and Sivota (Both Neilson)
    Turkey – Another Neilson
    Mauritius
    Barbados
    Tunisia
    Devon

All marvellous!

sambob
    Free Member

Salcombe, Devon. It’s like Chelsea on Sea, which is why Flashy likes it so much. Unless you stay on the other side of the estuary, where it’s quiet and down to earth(ish).

wrecker
    Free Member

The Croatian islands (Bol) are nice. Very few Brits.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

My next holiday is 20 mins from home 😳

Kids still get to go to school too 😆

darrell
    Free Member

my last holiday was on Svalbard

other than that I go to Bolton for holidays – i kid you not – my folks still live there so i come to the UK 3 or 4 times a year to see them and some mates

geologist
    Free Member

svalbard , ooohhh yeah, now your talking, id love to go there but no where will take 3 year olds. All the boats require 11 years upwards. Typical Ive only been able to afford that sort of place since he has been born, but now I have to wait till hes 11 🙂

CFH – We have looked at the Neilson places, are they as good as they look in the brochures?

Thanks for the input all 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

South of France at least 50% of the time. Otherwise, recent years have included USA, China, Italy, Belgium. Brazil.

We’ve a baby (18 mths) so driveable hols are preferred. So, back to France then! (Might try Brittany this year – need to book something).

Oh, and rarely hotels – usually self catering.

northdownsouth
    Free Member

usually in a tent, failing that its got to have a sleazyjet serviced airport close by. Yes I’m cheap!

weeksy

Vassiliki

Is nice. HAd my Honeymoon there at end Aug in 2007. Quiet and cultured compared to many other parts of Greece.

I think no-matter where you go there will be the ‘typical’ Brit effect in full action, it’s a question of avoiding that as much as possible. For example if there’s 4 restaurants/bars… choose the one without Sky Sports and a pool table and WEAR A SHIRT… not unbuttoned 🙂

Our last couple of holidays have been to LAnzarote… again, to resorts/areas out of the way and quiet… perfect for us.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where do you Holiday?’ is closed to new replies.