Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where do BI consultants hang out?
  • theyEye
    Free Member

My company (or rather the company I work for), a BI/DB consultancy, seems to be lining up a lot of work for the coming year, and I’ve been tasked with trying to extend our consultant network so that we have a trusted set of contractors to call up when a large deal comes in.

Aside from the usual jobs boards, which seem a bit too random, I’m thinking that a linkedin profile for the company may be a good place to start. Any other ideas about where/how to develop consultant connections?

I already spend a lot of time on STW. Obviously. 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Who do you work for?
    where is the work based?
    What aspects of BI?
    What tool sets are you after?
    Do you just want contractors or perms as well?

I know a few friends who are BIO consultants who might be interested in moving jobs but most are perms

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re BI-curious?

Moses

and join BI groups on LinkedIn, so you’ll be able to find the members more easily.

wwaswas

best bet is to milk personal contacts rather than a blanket company linke din profile.

talk to your existing BI people – ask who they know who they recommend, talk to those people and go from there. Linked in is a good way to build networks like this but you need to put some effort in.

molgrips
    Free Member

Chakaping – that was quality 🙂

Oh btw anyone else see the irony in the OP? 🙂

Shred
    Free Member

Nope, those of us in the industry are tired and bored of the stupid jokes…

theyEye
    Free Member

Chakaping – that was quality

t’was. But no.

Who do you work for?

Don’t want to associate the company with the dumb crap I say on here, so would prefer to keep the name off the forum…

where is the work based?

Usually on client sites in or around London.

What aspects of BI?

Core is architecting and implementation of massively parallel data warehouses. But we get involved in the entire process, from early requirements capture right up to presenting the working solution around the organisation.

What tool sets are you after?

The tools vary from project to project, but data warehousing experience is key.

Do you just want contractors or perms as well?

talk to your existing BI people – ask who they know who they recommend, talk to those people and go from there.

We already have a sizable network of trusted contractors that we call on project by project, and this is exactly how it was put together. But now looking to extend it further. So it’s really contractors that we’re after.

toby1

You asked a little too late, th BI forum obviously!
    BI Forum

molgrips
    Free Member

Nope, those of us in the industry are tired and bored of the stupid jokes.

Is Business Grumpiness an associated discipline? 🙂

McHamish
    Free Member

where to bi consultants hang out…um, soho?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where do BI consultants hang out?’ is closed to new replies.