Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where did I go wrong?
  • penguinni

I had an interview last week and today I received this:

We are pleased to say that you have passed the interview stage of our selection process. Your skills are a good match for us. However, we are not able to progress your application any further for the moment as we do have other candidates whose skills are an even closer match for this particular role. We hope to find you a suitable opportunity in the future and we will be in touch if a suitable position becomes available.

Never “passed” an interview but been unsuccessful at the same time before! 🙁

Do you think they will offer me something else or should I just forget and move on?

Thanks

P

nickf
    Free Member

They’re politely telling you to p*** off.

Pathetic really; they should simply have told you that they’re not planning on progressing your application.

mmb
    Free Member

always move on. if you turn down anything else while waiting for something that might not happen you’ll kick yourself. if they do make an offer at a later stage you can always reassess your current position.

jam-bo

civil service? points based, strictly first past the post, with a minimum pass mark.

I got offered a job nearly a year after interviewing as I’d passed the panel but not come first.

andyl
    Free Member

They preferred someone else. Simple as that. Take it as a positive you got that far instead of taking as a completely bad thing.

Good luck with the next application. Tough out there.

toys19
    Free Member

Write back, explaining why you feel they have made a mistake and should reconsider. (So you can turn them down when they realise the error of their ways) Also ask if they can give specific feedback as to why you were not good enough. You might get a brutal response but it might also help for the next one.

kevj
    Free Member

You went wrong by placing this thread in the bike forum 😯

Seriously though, how long did the person writing that reply take to ponder how to be more polite than the necessarily need be?

Take the plus points and move on.

Northwind

That’s a pretty good rejection letter- though you never know, it might be that everyone gets that.

We don’t know why you didn’t get the job, give them a ring and politely ask.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Maybe, when you filled in your application, you put something in the wrong section? Just a hunch…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where did I go wrong?’ is closed to new replies.