Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • where did all the bullets go?
  • alpin
    Free Member

Loads have been fired over the decades…. Wars, nutters, sports…

When people fire into the air where do those bullets end up?

neilwheel
    Free Member

In orbit.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

In people, animals, buildings, the ground…

5thElefant
    Free Member

In the ground mostly. My cousin had an unexploded AA shell in his bedroom for years. There was lots of stuff on the moors to play with when we were kids. You just needed a shovel.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jamie, that link is fascinating….. And gobsmacking!

willard

On ranges, the vast, vast bulk of rounds fired goes into the sand. After a certain number of shots fired of various calibers, the sand is raked/refreshed so that the risk of ricochet is reduced. I’m assuming that the lead/copper is recycled. I know a couple of people on private ranges that rake the sand to get lead out when people have been firing 12Ga slugs. They then use this to make cast bullets for muzzel loading rifles and revolvers.

For the rest of the world? Don’t know.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

There was a local lunatic who lived near me in the late seventies, one of his tricks was to run ito the middle of the pitch when we were having a kick about in the park and to fire his crossbow vertical, luckily this never actually hit anyone, I heard he ended up behind bars for setting fire to a dog !

CountZero

When people fire into the air where do those bullets end up?

Isaac Newton could have told you… 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Is it wrong to smirk at someone being shot dead celebrating a ceasefire?

Pigface
    Free Member

My ex Brother in law was a conscript in the Israeli army during the 1982 invasion of Lebanon, he was 18 and spent most of the time shitting himself according to him. One day and he and his platoon were sitting in some trenches by a road when about 5 regular army guys came running past. Israeli regular army blokes were thought of as completely mad and dangerous. These guys told him and his platoon to run which they did, about 500 yards down the road the regular guys stop and dive into the dirt. My bil is terrified and asks what the hell is happening is it the Syrians and one of the regular guys replies “no its a bloody wedding” from all accounts the bullets and grenades the Christian phalangists used to shoot in celebration regularly killed people.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘where did all the bullets go?’ is closed to new replies.