Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where can I get Shimano MW80 winter boots?
  • mcboo
    Free Member

CRC had them at £110 but out of stock….anyone know where I can get them close to that price?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What size?

thebikechain has 42,43 and 45 in stock according to their site. Price will be similar maybe a fiver more if you use the STWTBC code.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Not the boots, but Go Outdoors has the goretex lined MT60 shoes for £79 at the moment, they’re listed in the lasted mailshot from Monday but I found them online at Go Outdoors at the same price, and so long as you have a customer card you can reserve & collect – think you can do mailorder as well so long as you pay the £4 for the customer card. Seemed to have all sizes in as well.

mcboo
    Free Member

am 46 (I think)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t worry about the price, just buy them where you can find them. I found out last year that these things only really exist in the middle of summer. As soon as it gets damp and cold, they go into hibernation.

uplink
    Free Member

am 46 (I think)

Make sure though,

I normally take a 10 in work shoes & 11 in running shoes
    I needed 48s in WM80s to allow for a good pair of thick socks

servo
    Free Member
    oscillatewildly
    Free Member

wore mine last night in the ultimate rain, and by ultime rain i mean ULTIMATE rain, non stop 2 hours plus up the peaks going through streams that had turned to rivers and my feet were toasty warm and dry 🙂

waterproof trousers and waterproof mw80s = winter sorted! no reason to stop riding what so ever with those bad boys! has already changed my worrying thought pattern for winter riding or lack of, am now ooooozing with confidence for the it! bring it on 😉

raversknee
    Free Member

Bought some yesterday from cycle surgery in store for £119 – cheaper than their internet price of £149. Could be worth ordering by phone if you can’t get to a shop

As others have said be careful on sizing – they’re narrow. I take a 9 trainer, 10 spesh summer cycle shoe, and ended up with a 47 (size 12!) in the MW80 to give some room for thicker socks. At least I won’t fall over wearing them 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m normally a 42 but needed a 44 in the MW80.

JonBurns
    Free Member

I’m a 42 and bought a pair in 43. I haven’t needed a thick sock (got last crimbo) just a pair of woolly boollies and absolutely fine.

At the weekend I accidently rode into the bog at the bottom of Hollins Cross (peaks). My left foot sunk shin deep into it and they didn’t let any water in at all.

vorsprung
    Free Member

servo – Member

Got mine last week from Lexs £104.99
    Came in 2 days

I took a look at this website, found some MTB boots I’d like, went to order them and then the page where CC details were entered looked most odd. It didn’t get any CC details from me and an email has gone to the site owner

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Just bought some of these in a 45 from http://www.bikesyoulike.co.uk for £101 inc courier. Enter extra15 at checkout before midnight tonight to get a 15% discount, shop price £117. Fortunately shop is just around the corner from me, so if 45 too snug should be able to change up without too many problems.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get Shimano MW80 winter boots?’ is closed to new replies.