Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where can I get a down tube bash protector?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I was out cycling tonight and a big rock flipped up and put a dent in my down tube. I'm really pi**ed off about it.

Does anyone know where I can get some kind of bash protector for it? It's a Trance X. Thanks.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

old tyre

smurf
    Free Member

I've fitted armourfend to my mojo. It's designed to stop stone chips on cars.

The guys can sell you a kit but I took them a bare frame and spend QuiteALot getting them to fit it.

I've used it for years on motorbikes and it's good stuff.

There was a thread in the bike forum a few days ago about the 3m / helicopter tape that's worth a read as well

smurf

rhys_gibby
    Free Member
    GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

toys19
    Free Member

I use thick inner tubes – maxis dh is 1.5mm and 8.99 fromcrc enough for three bikes..

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Cheers rhys_gibby, that is exactly the sort of thing i mean.

thepodge
    Free Member

You can buy carbon ones for the trance x. Just ebay trance and one or more should pop up

Reign_Man
    Free Member

yeah, try ebay. I got one from the same guy for my remedy, does the job well. He does these as a side line, his main stuff is carbon fibre bits for motorcycles. But he's a keen biker and started by making one for his reign

GW
    Free Member

What sort of fanny fits alloy chainring bolts then ties half a tyre to their downtube? 😆

Saw 3 guys on an uplift truck once with about 3 rolls of gaffer tape wrapped around each bike. WTF?

dents are fine unless they're on a weld, stanchion or fork lower

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

dents are fine unless they're on a weld, stanchion or fork lower

That's nice to know. My dent's on quite a thick bit of the frame infront of the rear shock mount so hopefully it'll be ok

jam-bo

i put a hole in the downtube of my SX trail. spesh told me it'd be fine and not to worry.

sold it with it and as far as I know its still going strong.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

yeah, try ebay. I got one from the same guy for my remedy, does the job well.

Nice one, found it thanks. Has anyone used one of these and does it fit nice and tight? I wouldn’t be keen if it was getting mud stuck under it all the time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get a down tube bash protector?’ is closed to new replies.