Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where around Keswick can I cheeky………………..
  • postierich
    Free Member

camp in a small van! planning on riding around Whinlatter on Saturday afternoon then hoping for a boozer for a decent meal and a few bevvies so pub needs to fairly nearby.
    Would like to do a normal 20/30 mile ride on the Sunday any suggestions.

Anyone want to join me on Sunday?

Rich

DavidM
    Free Member

Watching the sun set from a sleeping bag at the top of Newlands is pretty top notch. Bit of a walk from the pub at Buttermere though

GEDA
    Free Member

Skip Whinlatter and go just about anywhere else around there? Don’t get me wrong Whinlatter is ok but nowt like an epic lakes ride.

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

Solve both your requirements by asking the Landlord at the Horse + Farrier in Threlkeld if you can stay in his carpark in your CAMPERVAN.As long as you have a meal and a few beers you will be welcome
    We did it 6 months ago , then did the tour of Skiddaw route next morning – sorted.

Matt_SS_xc

I have stayed numerous times in the forestry carpark on the left just before you get to the main centre carpark – never had a problem!
    If you carry on past the centre for a bit and go up and over the hill there is another forestry access road with a massive layby / carpark, ive stayed there to.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

+1 Horse & Farrier.

Was in the area last Sunday and rather than the standard lap around Skiddaw, we went staight up the bridleway to the top but came down via Ullock Pike.

My new favorite (but cheeky) Lakes downhill !!!

lunchbox
    Free Member

wot mchlptchr said.

clareymorris

Rich………. Up Skiddaw down Ullock would be a cracking Sat early evening ride – let all the walkers go home! We are planning on a Skiddaw loop over the weekend but not sure what day yet…..

boxelder

I’d have joined you, but off to majorca. Park on our drive if all else fails – short walk to wheatsheaf in lorton. I’ll join you next time you’re up this way.

kevj
    Free Member

Just outside of Portinscale;

’Layby’

Pub in the village is lovely.

postierich
    Free Member

Horse and Farrier is a good call last time I visited it was rammed no tables available for food,done the heart shaped loop around there was a tad boggy in places!

Kevi hope thats not a dogging site lived near cannock dont fancy people knocking on my windows!!

Clareymorris give me a shout if you ride Sunday!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where around Keswick can I cheeky………………..’ is closed to new replies.