Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Where are all the…
  • sofatester
    Free Member

…bad drivers on here?

It seems everyone is perfectly proficient and never puts a wheel wrong. So come on, own up if you have done something really stupid in a car!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Personally I am a brilliant driver and have never done anything wrong behind the wheel

sofatester
    Free Member

Didn’t think i would get many posts for this one!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve done a few things wrong behind teh wheel, but I learned from them and I’m now ace 😆 (although I did recently reverse into a very large tree which had a protruding branch below my rear window that I’d not spotted).

richc
    Free Member

self praise = no praise.

most people who think they are good drivers are generally the worst 😉

sofatester
    Free Member

One honest person so far, come on where are the rest of you!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I got done for speeding.

My fault, no excuses, just driving to fast.

End of.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I sometimes forget to indicate, which annoys ME too!
    I have been known to brake-test tailgaters at 70mph…..
    When I get on the motorbike I ride like a complete tool if nobody’s around (I’m fairly steady in the car though. Cars are boring.)
    I’ve done double the speed limit in every posted limit (30,40,50,60,70mph zones)
    I’ve had a couple of accidents, although only little ones and in company vehicles, so I’ve never made an insurance claim. 🙂

Everyone makes mistakes, though —

I remeber in my first car, on the way back from Sheffield one Saturday afternoon – I was on a straight A road, good conditions, bloke in an Audi maybe 100 yards in front of me, but we were both doing the same speed. I looked at the speedo, looked at my watch, looked up……. To see said Audi had stopped and was turning right, car approaching. So I locked the brakes with a screech (1980 Austin Maxi!!) and realised I was going to hit him hard, so came OFF the brakes, back on the gas, and put the car up the kerb and the 2ft high grass verge, 2 wheels on the grass, 2 on the road, between stationary Audi and the road sign opposite the turning. I had maybe 1-2ft each side of me, at about 40-50 mph.
    About a mile down the road I pulled in. I could hardly walk I was shaking so much. You live and learn though…..
    😉

ton

i am a shyte driver.
    got 9 points at the mo. all for speeding.
    i have a company van for personal use, and i drive it like a dodgem car.
    i never indicate, i undertake all the time, i speed all the time.
    my driving stinks, FACT. 😳

sofatester
    Free Member

I respect you honesty Peter, have a virtual pint on me. 🙂

I did something similar when i was new to driving. Got away with it, wont do it again.

It’s Ok Ton, i think everyone on here would have guessed that. 😉

ziggy
    Free Member

I was banned from driving in ’95 for excess speed, on a motorbike.

I have written off 2 cars.

That’s about it really, currently have a nice clean licence and lots of NCB.

Although I have calmed my driving with age, although I do enjoy an occasional thrash in excess of speed limits 😈

sofatester
    Free Member

There all coming out now!

nickc

I’m an entirely average driver. Most of the time I’m OK, don’t really speed (even on an empty road I’m doing 75-80). I indicate where I’m supposed to, don’t tailgate, try not to get wound up by the idiots. I can be distracted like every-one else I guess, fumbling for sweeties, trying to work ipod and drive…

No points. Dull really, sorry

Smee
    Free Member

My driving is crap too. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Hi, I can put my hand up and say I’m a sh1t driver.
    All because of 1 thing – my impatience.

I always indicate so other drivers know where I’m going – I never “forget” because it is just automatic.

However, if someone is too slow, too hesitant, drives too close, cuts me up etc etc. I do my best to wind them up back. For this reason I consider myself a bad driver. I know I should be more patient because EVERYTIME I go out in my car someone winds me up, and I would have thought I’d have got used to it by now!!
    I bloody hate driving.
    Sorry.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nope.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I respect you honesty Peter, have a virtual pint on me.

Cheers, lucky I’m cycling home! 😉

I’m no lunatic, mind. You just can’t be these days. And I’m one of the few that’s done some advanced training too, so I can control my vehicle just fine
    🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Rolled my car onto a police car. Fact.

Nope.

Not even when you drove a stolen car without a licence or insurance when you were 16 before your mate torched it?

ton

oh, and i rolled a parcelforce van too when i worked there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rolled my car onto a police car. Fact.

LOL!

I crashed my supervisor’s van into my manager’s car in a car park in Bracknell. That took some explaining!
    (It was actually the managers fault, and he knew it…..! He pulled out behind me as I was reversing!)

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I managed to spin an 4 ton truck (military fuels vehicle) on the M6 once.

Purely my fault. We had been warned that the interlocks that activate the brakes if the hoses are removed were very ‘iffy’ and consequently we had to be very sure that the hoses were secured, a combination of tiredness and end of exercise rush clouded my judgement. Just north of Lancaster coming south for Stafford one of the hoses bounced in its tray sucificiantly to activate the air brakes and before you knew it I was facing the wrong way (we had spun around to face the outside lane) and sitting next to a passenger who was more terrified than I was which was a lot.

Luckily it was early hours, the motorway was pretty empty and being the rear vehicle in the convoy there was no one close enough to not be able to take avoiding action. As soon as the vehicle had stopped and the hose settled again the air brakes released and I reversed the vehicle onto the hard shoulder. I then jumped out and checked the vehicle for any obvious damage, double checked the hoses again, got back in the cab and completely froze for about 10 minutes.

Once I had pulled myself together we set off after the convoy who were unaware of what happened (great convoy discipline there chaps) though I fessed up once we were safely back at Stafford.

As a result of that incident the interlocks across the entire fleet were replaced so they were less ‘iffy’ and I learnt a new found respect of the humble ration pack standard biscuit brown for its ability to stop you sh!tting yourself.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

aracer- don’t know what you’re talking about!!!

😯

The very suggestion…

sofatester
    Free Member

Browns to slow, chocolate to go! 😆

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Or from their correct name, ‘Biscuits AB”

AB = @rse blocking.

rOcKeTdOg

i backed into a metro once in my ford transit, guy had pulled into the petrol station behind me as i was reversing, i checked, no one there, reversed, crunch, luckily it was an ex BT van with a step. step 1, metro headlight 0

aracer
    Free Member

aracer- don’t know what you’re talking about!!!

Just suggesting you weren’t quite quick enough…

EdwardH

I purposefully drove into the back of the car of a guy I was sharing a house with.

It was an old Mill house with large yard that would flood on a regular basis. So instead of parking his wee little Honda sporty thing (it had a glass back) by the side of the house, he would park IN the gateway, blocking anyone else’s entry or exit from the yard. And in doing so, causing me about a two mile detour to use some old farm tracks to get to the other side of the house / mill. His reasoning to me was that as I had an old series two land rover then it was no bother for me.

So one day in the peeing rain after a long day at work (we both worked for the same company) I found myself trundling down the valley on my way home, knowing that the knoob would have his car in the gateway. I decided on not slowing down as I came round the corner to the mill.

And KABOOM, there was his nice wee car in the way. Though now shunted about fifteen feet into the mill yard, and into about three feet of water. The glass hatchback disintegrated and a wall of water washed over his car into the space once covered by the hatch back.

My excuse was:

I did warn you about parking there, and you know how crappy the windscreen wipers are on this landy. I simply couldn’t see your car in all this rain!

Honest………

Well worth the lost no claims bonus

timdrayton
    Free Member

In my foolish youth i was quite into smoking, and on occassion drove….. yes I know this was not a good idea.

One dark night I drove my 1000cc peugeot 205 from Northampton back to Wellingborough. The engine was always horribly noisy so i used to drive everywhere with the crappy stereo up loud. This night was no exception, and I took my usual route along the dual carriageway, just about nudging 60/70 mph happily listening to the stereo.

About 7 miles into the journey, i begin to notice people driving past me flashing me.

I put this down to paranoia, until I smell burning. I do the usual checks, lights on, all mirrors ok, give the gear stick a little wiggle…….

oh, that feels wierd i think, and decide to turn down the stereo for a moment.

The noise my car was making then beccame more apparent.

It was a deafening shrill scream, clearly other motorists had noticed and had been trying to let me know.

I realise that the gear stick felt wierd because it was actually in second gear, and had been all the way, I try to change gear, and with a sound of rending metal my gear box decided enough was enough and I coasted to a halt, on the hard shoulder of the dual carriageway.

I walked to the local village and called a bunch of my mates who come to help me move the car onto the verge as I didnt want to leave it where it was.

We decide to put me on the driver side door holding the open door and the steering wheel, my mate on the passenger door, and “big tony” and couple of others behind.

We begin to push, and nothing happens for a second, as the front wheel was trying to mount the curb…..

Then it mounts the curb, and shoots forward taking us rather by surprise.

I let go, as do all my mates and big tony fell flat.

The car continued across the verge then dissappeared, into the gloom.

We hurriedly crossed the verge to find the unnoticed 30 foot ditch which my little car was plummeting down.. we had a couple of seconds to exhale, before the little cars bid for freedom was cut short by a large tree stump.

I spent the next several days getting quotations to winch/crane etc, the car out, which were all astronomical, apart from the local scrapyard guy, who offered to do it for nothing.

“dont worry mate, I’ll just take the car, you dont need to pay me, and i’ll sort out the paperwork”

6 months later I get a call from the police as someone had used my car as an innovative means of entry to the nearby Morrisons.

conkerman
    Free Member

I have broken the speed limit on a series of powerful motorcycles.

I saw some very high speeds in France.

matt_outandabout

I am a crap driver.

Proof was the motorcyclist who slammed into my car today 🙁

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

Most of my bad driving is caused by two wheels and have my only 3 points for overtaking on double white lines (just clipped the edge of them).

Came off my first motorbike in a 30mph zone because i had to brake hard for a speed camera and the front washed out a loose road surface (right outside a full pub beer garden).

Nearly dropped my new GSXR600 last summer because i was waving to a mate with one hand whilst going round a roundabout with my knee-down.

Also crapped myself last week when coming back from getting my GSXR fixed and went seriously sidewards when I spun the rear up turning out of the shop, my mate said it looked impressive but the stain in my pants says different.

At 18 I put my Fiat Uno full of mates into a tree stump at under 20MPH on a ‘tempory road surface’ and wrote it off – really wasn’t my fault, the gravel had pilled up mid corner and sudenly became like driving on marbles.

I’m generally well behaved untill I get on TWO wheels of any form

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the…’ is closed to new replies.