• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by GW.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • When would you use Pro Pedal 2 ?
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

Have an RP23. Sag at 25%

Currently don’t use pro pedal, feels good on descents, a little bit wallowy on general trails/ up hill.

If I were to use pro pedal 2 all the time (set and forget) what would change ? (good and bad)
    Anyone doing what I’ve suggested? Thoughts please.
    Thanks
    🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

a little bit wallowy on general trails/ up hill.

Orange 5?

bigdan6
    Free Member

Yep, it’s an orange five.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fuzzhead
    Free Member

depending on the tune of your RP23, try running more sag and more PP. I run 35%ish sag and PP set to 3 – performs much better than fully off with less sag IMHO.
    This is on an Orange Blood.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

On a single pivot such as the 5, I would leave it off for everything apart from the longer climbs.

bigdan6
    Free Member

It’s an XV can (not xxv) with 225 velocity, med Rebound, med comPression tune
    (if that helps the techy guys)

Cheers

TheSwede
    Free Member

LOL On an orange five I think I used it on 3 all the time except for fast descents. Then changed the bike.

legend
    Free Member

TheSwede –
    LOL On an orange five I think I used it all the time except for fast descents. Then changed the bike.

Pedal masher by any chance?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

same tune as mine – how heavy are you? Might be worthing swapping to a smaller air can or getting some of the Fox air volume reducers if you’re a big unit. Mine’s a 2011 BV which came with the XV can, swapped it for a standard can and made it much better – I’m 15 stone.
    Mine’s a single pivot but has a rocker link for comparison

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve forgotten what its like to ride a bike that has suspension that doesnt work for anything other than going down hill 😆

votchy
    Free Member

I run around 25% sag and only ever use pro-pedal in position 1 for fireroad climbs on my 5 and then only when I remember, even with that little amount of PP it feels a lot harsher on descents when I forget to turn it off, am heavier than you and the bike doesn’t feel wallowy when climbing to me.

mjsmke

On an RP2 i run it on 20% sag with pro pedal off. I just turn it on for climbs and road. But then i’ve set the pro pedal to almost lock the shock.

GW
    Free Member

When would you use Pro Pedal 2 ?

only in the text of the for sale ad 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘When would you use Pro Pedal 2 ?’ is closed to new replies.