• This topic has 60 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • when idiots attack
  • skiboy
    Free Member

On my home tonight around 5:45pm, some idiot with his mates had a swing at me?,(easily blocked as I expected it because of his posture)

I live in milton keynes and ride the redways to and from work as i have done for around 10 yrs..only ever had a couple of incidents, 1 spitting and 1 hardman event !!! nothing worth mentioning,

but tonight, this guy was trying,

what would you do?

A: Ignore the **** and ride on.(after all their were four of them)

B: Take 'em to f-kin cleaners. (after all there were four of them)

C: laugh to yourself and enjoy the knowlegde that Karma will deal the blow
    for you.

D: Re-pack the "winter batton" into your camelback

E: Phone the rozzers (and wait four hours for them)

I choose a combo.

jackal
    Free Member

I choose a combo.

Jab, right hook, left cross, uppercut…
    That sort of thing?

😉

skiboy
    Free Member

I should add, I was just riding past them, although i had noticed the **** in the hood positioning himself as i approached.

I should also add, last year i had a spanish man break into the apartment bedroom my 1 yr old daughter was in. (330am in gran canaria).

i found his head had a strange magnetic effect with masonry !! he got option B..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You did the right thing carring on and not tackling them, one or all of them could have had knives, the scumbag is probably a big coward on his own, as tempting as it is to stop and smack him one, I would report it in case they have attacked others.

jonb
    Free Member

Spanish man would get option B. I can't imagine anyone who would do another option with their child in the room.

With your first lot I'd say A. There are 4 of them, one of you. They are prepared to start a fight with a random therefore they are either, insane, good fighters (4 people are always going to be better than one unless you're Bruce Lee), carrying a weapon or a mixture of all the above. Classic examples of people to avoid fights with.

And E phone the police. Give a description. The one occasion I've reported something like this they were very helpful, turned up quickly etc.

Smee
    Free Member

Spanish bloke would get as many Bs as WCA used in the run up to BBB.

allthepies
    Free Member

They're all up for it when in a group, bet they're not the hard men when on their tod.

grantway
    Free Member

Best thing to carry on but next time be prepared
    Make sure bikes insured.

Just put an hammer in your camelbak just incase and
    if you see them then get it out and lay it across the top
    of the handle bars.
    Just incase but I take its a normal journey so just maybe chancers
    you may not see these again.

skiboy
    Free Member

i have to agree , never fight a battle if your not sure of the outcome, i did stop and take a look back, but i am aware in doing so any tatical advantage is given up, just wanted to know exactly wot the muppet looked like just in case i see him again. by himself..lol..best bit about spanish bloke was going to the court in maspolamas 4 days later and seeing that he was still wearing the same blood stained clothes, still had a swollen face and brow and he couldn't stand properly, all that and he got banged up to boot

user-removed
    Free Member

Back in my uni days I was cycling back from the pub on the pavement (BURN HIM!!!!11!) and noticed three neds in the bus shelter. As I went by, one of them stepped forward and poked me in the eye with a long twig.

I was properly blinded for a mo and could only see white flashing lights. Once I'd got my head out of my hands, I asked the guy what the hell he thought he was doing. He laughed and tried to whip my face with the twig, so I stepped forward and belted him (self defence, likesay).

He knelt down and watched lots of blood streaming from his nose (lucky punch?). His mates just stood there watching him and said nothing. I'm not a big guy, or even remotely hard, so I suspect they just thought their mate was a ****tt of the first order. Got back on my bike and went home….

Filthy
    Free Member

I prefer option F..

Look really hard so they dont want to have a go in the first place, obviously helps if you are over 6ft tall with a menacing expression. However if it happened to me I'd probably take option A only to avoid a criminal record.

gazman
    Free Member

another option arrange for 3 or 4 buddies to be positioned close by and knock **** out of them especially if its dark they wont recognise you, **** scumbags

sharki
    Free Member

I used to just block, then laugh at them as they got taken away by doormen.

Have never been in the position away from a bust place, if i had been once you've blocked then make the first one count.

Then warn the others to back off..

Always a difficult one to comment on without being there and seeing the others….easiest thing to do is to ride off, but they need an education in not picking on complete strangers……

scraprider
    Free Member

never one to back away ,but be safe mate , 4 of em ,knock the twot out, and ride like ****

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have had a couple of "near misses" in this sort of situation. What I have taken to doing is carrying my D lock looped over the bars of the bike. That makes it a "weapon of opportunity" to be used in self defence. Still dodgy legally and as I found out to my horror / shame having it there makes you more likely to use it ( I dented a van whos driver road raged me / tried to knock me off the bike with the lock)

Given any sort of choice tho I would always ride on by. Not for fear of knives or any of that – but just to make my life easier.

I have intervened in street / pub fights to prevent someone getting hurt and would do again. But if I can avoid confrontation it I will

lyons
    Free Member

hmm, walk away from it mate… I know its tempting to retaliate, but is it worth it? I dont care how good you are at karate, boxing or anything, if someone has a knive, or you are outnumbered, you really havent got much of a chance of getting away with no injury. Even if you did come of better, then you are as likely as they are to recieve a criminal record.

I had a confrontation a while back, and i occasionally still think, i should really have 'taught him a lesson', but we were outnumbered, and the little sh1t was carrying a bottle. So yeah, i'm quite confident i would have still come off better, but i might not have.

Ive dont a fair bit of 'martial arts' training, and every guy who has taught me said it's best to walk away if you can. I haven't regretted doing that yet.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

This type of thing happened to me a couple of months ago too.

I knew the fu3kers though and they reconized me when I took the helmet off.So I just faced up, but then made a tactical withdrawl, got back to the house, quick change and grabed 'Bob', my equalizer and went chapping.

Never got them that night but over the next few nights 😆

Fannies, the oldest was 18, youngest 15.

thefettler
    Free Member

defo best to walk away,then stalk him ,fine him later on a dark street. on the back of a motorbike with pickax handle,jump off break left leg
    works for me 😈

pcb
    Free Member

With any luck you'll see him on his own and you can give him option B.

But you did do the right thing 4 against 1 is bad odds.

zokes
    Free Member

How do you lot get in so many fights? The last fight I was in was at school over 12 years ago.

I don't particularly avoid areas where you might end up in a confrontation, can be quite gobby and obnoxious at times, and whilst 6' tall, i'm hardly a scary prospect…

Just wondering like…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

How about a small can of WD40 in your pocket, legal to carry, easily accessible, they won't know what it is when you point it at them.

devs
    Free Member

I've had a pikey swing a plank of wood at me but stop mid swing when I said "How ya doing?" of all things and also some kids jumped a fence to have a pop at us last week in front of their pals. The thing is I am one of the bigger scarier looking members of society and Dave behind was even bigger! Ned's face went from mischief to fear very quick when he got close and realised. I stand up on the pedals and look them right in the eye and this has been enough to get them to back off so far. I quite like a ruck though so I wouldn't be too bothered if they didn't but 4 would be a challenge right enough.
    Not sure I'd have duffed up Spanish bloke unless he refused to leave immediately. I'd be more concerned with just getting him out and away from my family.

Daffy

In any situation like this, I'm forced to ask…."What would Ton do?"

shoefiti
    Free Member

I probably would have given the Spanish guy a whooping, maybe more so if he was Italian thou, i've seen the way they look at women (not to be trusted) It'd probably been far worse for them if they were Welsh thou, as i wouldn't of had a clue what they were on about, which makes me really angry. Have I left anyone out?

Jamie
    Free Member

Daffy:
    In any situation like this, I'm forced to ask…."What would Ton do?"

Im going to take a punt on something violent.

samuri
    Free Member

I had a similar incident the other night….

http://www.samuri.co.uk/2009/10/16/ride-entry-16th-october-2009/

Forestall them, show them you mean business. As you say, they're cowards and will back down when confronted. I'll always walk away from a fight nowadays rather than get into one if I can.

samuri
    Free Member

How do you lot get in so many fights? The last fight I was in was at school over 12 years ago.

I don't particularly avoid areas where you might end up in a confrontation, can be quite gobby and obnoxious at times, and whilst 6' tall, i'm hardly a scary prospect…

Just wondering like…

Ride over to Leigh, you'll be in a fight within the hour. 😉

ski
    Free Member

I think taking on 4 while stopping your bike getting nicked all at the same time would be a challenge even for Bruce.

Only real option is to ride on, it gives you more options and if you feel strongly enough about it report it latter.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I'm liking the WD40 idea … think I'd back it up with a lighter though 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

In a similar situation i would just ride off. You may even get the upper hand on 3 of them but then the fourth nicks your bike or punches you in the back of the head. Neither being pleasant.

Unfortunately some people are just **** and will always be ****.

zokes
    Free Member

Ride over to Leigh, you'll be in a fight within the hour.

From reading your blog, and remembering what you said about the place on that ride a couple of years back, I can well believe it! This is why I convinced the Mrs to move to Belmont and commute to Wigan, rather than 'this lovely house in Leigh' that she'd seen on the internets…

MrNutt
    Free Member

is this another "what forks for milton keynes?" thread?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Just put an hammer in your camelbak just incase and
    if you see them then get it out and lay it across the top
    of the handle bars.

This is a brilliant suggestion. Practical, proportionnate and realistic. 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

Olly
    Free Member

water pistol loaded with vinegar/piss/petrol?

good for dogs and chavs?

takisawa2

Just ride away.
    Best option.
    Plenty of hindsight heroes on here whenever a thread like this appears.
    Your one chap against a side of society that knows the system wont back you up if it goes tits up.
    That Micheal Eccles was stamped to death yards from my kids School.
    It's not a bad area, & these weren't exactly axe murderers; they were pissed up yobs out to give someone going about his business a bit of stick, knowing full well there's little chance of being punished.
    Like someone riding his bike, who stops to have-a-go back.
    Your worth more than getting into a street brawl whether you'd "kick-ass" or not.
    I've had them try & have a go while I was towing the kids trailer FFS!!!

zaskar
    Free Member

4? well even one guy could strike lucky and daze you regardlessof age.

Ride away, stop a fair distance away-take mobile pic of them and call the police.

Have to stop them from trying it with others.

I take it they were not messing about and tried to knock you off your bike?

Yes it's easy to smack them in but also easy to get a criminal record/retaliation.

Call the local Bobby.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Indeed, I'd ride away also. I had exactly the same thing happen last month when a young girl (12-14?) ran out of a bus shelter and tried to flying-kick me off my bike while I was commuting home. She made a particularly poor attempt at it so I just slowed down and she landed in front of me looking stupid. I just raised an eyebrow and continued on. Fairly sure I could have kicked hell out of her (I am 28 and 6'1 220lbs) but I thought this might be a bit of an over-reaction 😆 . But with hindsight, why would I react differently to a young girl doing it when I'd probably be fairly happy to retalliate against a young lad doing it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

small rattle can in pocket?

Probably less deffensible than WD40, but a whole lot more satifying I'd imagine!

hora
    Free Member

My opinion? Report it to the Police (might nothing happen but they may have had a few reports of violence/threats or muggings in that area).

Also- I'd take a different route home. I also wouldnt pack anything into my backpack or person either.

All the best.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘when idiots attack’ is closed to new replies.