Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • When Guy met Danny.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Cant see that this has been posted already but Im sure someone will correct me. Nice wee vid of the most likeable guy on two wheels meeting the fastest downhiller on two wheels at hamsterley.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1mMgYCjv0Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Im sure Danny is a lovely guy but he seems painfully shy ,Guy on the other hand just cracks me up every time I see him . Proper dude.

tomaso
    Free Member

Worked out the end who paid for it – Suzuki. Guy is on a Suzuki for the roads and TT and Danny has an RMZ250 for his pleasure…

wallop

Lovely!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Jesus! They turned the bikes upside down.

transapp
    Free Member

Danny, to look at is a bit out of shape, awkward late teen.

Just shows, co’s damn he can ride, and I bet he’s quicker cross country than me as well!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup, Had I not just googled his name, I’d assume that he was champion of the greggs run, rather than downhill. Just shows how much looks can deceive!

timmys

Hmmmm…

*goes to check the picture of the pikey in the “Bike thief caught at Cannock” thread*

Diane
    Free Member

You needed to Google his name? 😀

Nice find

thepodge
    Free Member

Interesting to see him scuffing up the discs and not once did he call anyone chief.

Muke
    Free Member

Top bloke and a nice face plant in the snow…

[video]http://vimeo.com/41297864[/video]

Nice helmet chief

IanMunro
    Free Member

You needed to Google his name?

Yeah 😳
    In fairness if he’d been the world xc / road / tt / bmx / trials champ I’d have probably had to google that too 😀

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I couldn’t make out much of what was being said and, as a Scot, I thought the BBC was taking the P when they had subtitles once when they were travelling in the cab with a South Yorks train driver. Maybe I’m geting auld and daft.

Northwind

Nicely observed that… Coulda done with a bit more riding mind but that’s OK since it made for more gabble/awkward silence moments.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Maybe I’m geting auld and daft.

Your’e not daft P.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Im amazed just how un-fit you can be and still be a world champ. And thats coming from a fatty like me. I guess gravity must really work for you, i’m just sayin like.

Good vid, could do with some more riding and maybe a bit on some big bikes with engines.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

a good mate of mine does dannys fitness training.
    unfit he isn’t…
    i’d be pretty sure he’d whip anyone here in a short sprint type event 😀

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I guess its all relative, but cross country my money would be on Guy.

Compared to me Giant Haystacks is fit.

Remind me not to use your mate to help my training. If i was Danny i would want my money back.

bigjim

I dunno he must be pretty fit to keep the power down on that bike like that. I like the way he speaks so slow but rides so fast.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

rainbow jersey….
    done. end of.

toys19
    Free Member

I watched that tt film about guy martin and I was not taken by the chap in the way the rest of you seem to be.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

I watched that tt film about guy martin and I was not taken by the chap in the way the rest of you seem to be.

bully for you.

dasnut
    Free Member

/goes off to watch Danny Harts world championship winning run again

He might not be a wordsmith, but hes got balls bigger than king kong

dasnut
    Free Member

And I can do dalby in 1:49, well I did last year they might have changed it now

Northwind

Unfit my ass. He’s not the strongest/fittest on the world cup but that doesn’t mean an awful lot.

Guy Martin’s maybe got him beat for endurance though… He’s another one that’s happy for people to think he’s not as strong as he is. 3rd place in pairs in the Puffer. Mind you I beat him at the endurance downhill so he can’t be that fast 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I think it’s a suspiciously ultra hetro northern thing

Kevevs
    Free Member

guy martin is an interesting bloke boss I like the victorian stuff fred dibnah fake boss stuff. I read his coffee table book on road bikes. really interesting chief. I think he’s a sound cheif boss. I’m no expert cheif, boss.

*** I think he’s great

***** no . he’s fuxkin cool

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Shut up Kevevs you moron.

Kevevs
    Free Member

😀 thanks for your input cheif

btw I like the guy boss

muddyfunster
    Free Member

stevewhyte – Member

Im amazed just how un-fit you can be and still be a world champ. And thats coming from a fatty like me. I guess gravity must really work for you, i’m just sayin like.

I’m amazed just how stupid, ignorant, presumptuous, deluded and pathetic some keyboard warriors really are.

I’ve been speaking to a load of guys who are just back from the Halo BDS at Fortwilliam, now these are elite DH riders. Young guys who cross train in xc, road, enduro etc and get very respectable results in those as well as dh. They also do weight training, kettle bell training etc. The bottom line is they are extremely fit.

They were describing to me how they were in bits at the end of their race run down the fort william track, even in practice they couldn’t maintain their strength through a full run. They were amazed at just how fast, fit and generally un-fazed Hart was through the whole thing.

He may not look like an athlete but he is a professional dh racer, world champ no less, and is fitter for that application than you could ever be.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Muddyfunster, there is no need to defend danny hart. He is the world champion of downhill, he’s getting paid to ride a bike and he doesn’t look at singletrack all day, posting about how athletes much fitter than himself are fat.

Northwind

<LIKE>

Kevevs
    Free Member

I love u hexhamstu, I didn’t realise you take this place seriously and for that I am sorry.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Confused. Can somebody do a screen grab of fat Danny? I seem to be missing this bit in the vid. I would also like to know where he says or even comes across as unfit.

Thanks.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I take life in general very seriously! To joke around, is to waste time!

toys19
    Free Member

I think it’s a suspiciously ultra hetro northern thing

😆

So to like Guy Martin is a kind of motif to prove you are not gay?
    And by implication to not like him means that you are gay?
    It’s interesting as I don’t like him, anyone fancy some bum fun?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

tomaso – Member
    Worked out the end who paid for it – Suzuki.

You think they’d put something in the vid…maybe their brand logo at the start and and. Just saying, like.

yunki
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    blah blah blah

If you like.. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Yunki, I don’t fancy you sorry.

yunki
    Free Member

but that… that’s not.. I mean.. errr, that’s not possible

transapp
    Free Member

As I started it….

He doesn’t look like the chisel jawed, super athlete that we get to see on TV, bit of a double chin (like mine) and his clothes make him look expanded on the waist line.

However if you look at the rest of what I wrote, I think you’ll find I didn’t actually say he WAS unfit, just that appearances are deceptive.

Still think Guy might lick him over 100miles though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘When Guy met Danny.’ is closed to new replies.