• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cb.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • When did they stop making Pikes?
  • cb

Ordered some from the Merlin sale classed as 2010 – thought that they had been replaced way before then – any ideas?

ton

new ones are OEM over stock i think.

mooman
    Free Member

I bought a 2010 set .. in 2009.
    Think thats the last of the Pikes .. shame really.

cb

These are red, assuming I get them – they went out of stock as soon as I ordered. The blurb says all aftermarket and boxed but I can’t see any pics of them in Google searches for 2010 Pikes.

compositepro
    Free Member

they didn’t theres a programme on tv called my big fat gypsy wedding if they are marrying theres bound to be some procreation going on down the line the pike will continue

just realised you said pike….sorry

devs
    Free Member

Interesting. They went out of stock the other day when I bought 2 sets.

cb

devs – what price did you pay if you don’t mind me asking – I seem to be paying 20 quid more than I expected for the Pikes?

retro83
    Free Member

Are those the ones marked up as Pike Race? Thought that was a bit odd as iirc the Race designation was retired a good few years ago in favour of model numbers

cb

Yeah, it was the Pike Race. Can’t see any mention of them after 2005! Sold as 2010 forks…will wait for the box to arrive!

Northwind

retro83 – Member

Are those the ones marked up as Pike Race? Thought that was a bit odd as iirc the Race designation was retired a good few years ago in favour of model numbers

But is now back for new models, and seems to be the equivalent of 426.

retro83
    Free Member

cb – Member

Yeah, it was the Pike Race. Can’t see any mention of them after 2005! Sold as 2010 forks…will wait for the box to arrive!

In fairness, a Pike is a Pike really, I can’t think of any differences between my earliest and most recent ones other than the seal/wiper being replaced with just a wiper on the newer ones. I just thought it was odd labeling is all.

househusband

Set of the Pike Teams, for which I paid £242, should arrive tomorrow. All I know is that they’re blue in colour; apart from that I’d like an alloy steerer and prefer not to have a handlebar mounted lockout… am sure I’ll be a happy man – forks are silly prices these days so I’m chuffed to bits to get hold of some Pikes at that price.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Blue Pike Teams – they are the original ones… I got a set pretty much straight off the boat back in 2005!!!!

Still going strong mind, though I think they are a few years overdue a service!

househusband

Blue Pike Teams – they are the original ones… I got a set pretty much straight off the boat back in 2005!!!!

Well these were advertised as being boxed aftermerket 2010 versions!!!

BigJohn

They didn’t stop. They just called them Sektors.

accu
    Free Member

still running my blue 2005 pike team…nothing replaced..just changing the oil every year….fantastic…

mamadirt
    Free Member

2005 Pike Race Air (red)

2005 Rock Shox fork info here

Hmmmmmm, still a bargain though I reckon.

Northwind

BigJohn – Member

Eh, no, no relation.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Can’t find anything on t’web about 2010 Pike Teams blue or not… got to be 2005 ones!

Mine haven’t even had an oil change 😉 Think they may be due a service soon….

retro83
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member

They’re sold as 140mm Argyles now aren’t they?

cb

Right, mine have arrived. Has a couple of “10s” scribbled on the box but there is an “04” stamped underneath the crown. Guess that’s what year they are…

househusband

Right, mine have arrived. Has a couple of “10s” scribbled on the box but there is an “04” stamped underneath the crown. Guess that’s what year they are…

Mine arrived too; made in 2004 on the box so Merlin were fibbing a tad, but they’re coil (I’m happy with that) with an alloy steerer (happy) and they’re new (ditto) and they’re a blue that will go well with my Trance – and, best of all, they were only £242.

Oh, and Merlin delivered to the wrong address – but I have them now.

cb

uhmmm, better look and I have the same label. Mine are coil too and I’m not unhappy with that. Steel steerer though.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘When did they stop making Pikes?’ is closed to new replies.