Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Wheelset for Ragley Blue Pig build
  • exilegeordie
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m in the process of building up a Blue Pig and would be interested in how people have spec’d their wheelset. I’ve yet to pick up a fork, but am probably looking at a set of Pike 454s second hand.

Reading the Bike Radar review of the Blue Pig here they ran some Nuke Proof Generators and seemed to rate them. Equally, I’ve seen Halo and Hope Hoops mentioned in various threads as well.

Does anyone have any of these on their Pigs? I’ll be mainly using the bike for things like 7 Stanes/some XC/some downhill. I’m not worried about weight, and ideally I’d like to run fat 2.5″ tyres. Any recommendations/experiences welcome. My budget is about £180-£200 all in.
    Cheers,

Andy

exilegeordie
    Free Member

*Bump*

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hope hoops with stan’s flow. Job done.

BillOddie

Hope Hoops ProII with DT Swiss 5.1D on mine.

You want something not daft heavy but can take a bit of hammer and are wide enough to take some wide rubber.

For £200 quid I would look at Superstar as I think you’ll not get Hope Hoops for that. Lots of choice:
    Superstar wheels

mrblobby
    Free Member

Think I paid about 300 for my hope’s. I got the Pro 2’s with straight pull hubs, very nice indeed.

mrbump
    Free Member

mavic en521 rims. stronger than dt swiss cheese.

BillOddie

Can’t say I have had any Emmental related problems with my DTs and I’m very rough with them, but Mavic do make lovely rims…

lunge

Hand built Hope Pro II with a 521 rim?

exilegeordie
    Free Member

OK, so it’s looking like Hope’s the way to go…I’ll need to dive down the back of the settee and see if I can rescue some more coppers.

How’s this for a price – set of Hope Hoops Pro 2 on Stans Flow rim for £221?

wors

Superstar here.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Hope hoops pro 2 on stans flow rims with 20mm adaptor on order. Come on!

mokl
    Free Member

Do you mind me asking where you ordered them from? Desperately need some new hoops for my Yeti.

vinnyeh

Well, that’s a price. Who’s still doing them for that?

exilegeordie
    Free Member

It’s a special work-discount-type-of-thing. There has to be an upside to working for one of the most hated employers in the UK 😯

hoochylala
    Free Member

How’s this for a price – set of Hope Hoops Pro 2 on Stans Flow rim for £221?

Was going to say – thats a great price! managed to get mine for £248 from 18bikes 3 weeks ago and that was the cheapest I could find at the time.

MrSparkle

You work for Manchester United??

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Wheelset for Ragley Blue Pig build’ is closed to new replies.