Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wheel trued and new spokes fitted – funny noises
  • Pook

kind of musical, not unpleasant, coming from the back. I thought it was birds at first, then some wind chimes – but it followed me up the road then seemed to silence.
    Normal? Or am i going mad?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Did you squeeze the spokes together with your hand to stettle them in and then re-true / tighten?

Pook

dunno – LBS did it for me.

Hip
    Free Member

It could have been the spokes untwisting… As spokes are tensioned some slightly twist, unless you have some tape or other indicator on them you don’t notice. once they are seated the chimes will stop.

Doesn’t seem happen with machine built wheels.

clubber
    Free Member

LBS didn’t finish off your wheel properly… probably won’t be an issue but not very professional…

turnip
    Free Member

piss poor build

If the negelcted destressing the wheel they cant be very good at wheel building!

clubber
    Free Member

to be fair you can have just a few very small plinks which don’t have any siginificant effect on the wheel long term even if you have de-stressed it a couple of times – just not done hard enough.

basonjillett
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound very well built if it isn’t stress relieved properly the spokes will probably come loose and the life of the wheel will be greatly reduced.
    Had that on a set of dave hinde road wheels once first ride all sorts of noises then the wheel wobble i rang them they told me to retighten the spokes !
    Years later when i started to build my own i realised that was a load of rubbish.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wheel trued and new spokes fitted – funny noises’ is closed to new replies.