Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wheel swapping – a really cheapskate idea…?
  • JimmyB
    Free Member

This must be the tightest idea going in a while but I need to get a new set of disc brakes to match the new fork wot I just ordered that doesn't have V-brake mounts…..this also means I need a new wheel…..or do I?

can I use the wheel & rotor (160mm) which is currently on my other bike (running Avid Elixirs) if I say..buy a Hope setup for the new bike.. or do I need to get Elixirs for the new fork too?

😐

geoffj

As long as the mounts are for the same size rotor, there should be no problem.

EDIT: Depending on how much you believe about the dark art of brake bedding in, you may have a slight issue of having to re-bed each time you change wheel, but then again, you may not.

JimmyB
    Free Member

So I won't end up in a mangled heap at the bottom of some decent then….woohoo! 😀

JimmyB
    Free Member

So I won't end up in a mangled heap at the bottom of some decent then….woohoo! 😀

That means I can add extra bling & save up for those Rovals/DT/Hope hoops at the same time!!

(think there's an echo in here)

JimmyB
    Free Member

but then again, if it's the same wheel & rotor going on each time then bedding in shouldn't even be an issue as the pads will 'see' the same thing each time.

(I can't help thinking there's something wrong with this whole idea though.)

Junkyard
    Free Member

trust me it will be OK

Olly
    Free Member

bite the bullet and stop delaying the inevitable purchase of a new wheel, which wont cost the earth.

your going to spend the money sooner or later, might as well do it now and have the wheel.
    the money is no use to you sitting in your bank account

(assumes you have the money)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wheel swapping – a really cheapskate idea…?’ is closed to new replies.