Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Whats your happiest memory?
  • emma82
    Free Member

Been thinking about this a lot today mainly because I’ve been sending off wedding photos for printing and my wedding day was full of very happy memories but I can remember two years ago we had an old banger of a camper, went to the lakes, we’d been out on the bikes all day, had come back, opened some wine, started a BBQ and sat on the grass in the sun and I can remember feeling like I’d just burst with happiness. Definitely my happiest moment ever
    🙂

So what about you?

My wedding day was ace, so much love & happiness in the air (even my best man was on his best behaviour!) however last night I was feeding my 9 week old daughter at 3.30am and just before she started taking her milk, she suddenly started giggling a smiling properly for the first time – sticking her tongue out and everything!! That memory will stay with me for a long, long time 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It was a day like today: strong winds, sunshine and heavy showers. We abandoned our plans for Munro bagging and set off in the car along the Ardnamurchan peninsular stopping frequently along the way to explore. One is drawn inevitably to the tall stone lighthouse at the most westerly point of mainland Britain.

There was a magic moment when we went in the croft cafe. Very bright sunlight was cast through the narrow window into the gloom, and hundreds of motes of dust in the air sparkled like a slowly whirling galaxy of stars while time seemed to stand still. One of those beautiful moments. Later we walked holding hands for a few miles on the bright windswept sandy beach of Sanna bay with the roaring surf on the rocks and huge cumulus clouds racing by.

I hope to take that memory to my grave.

wwaswas

Looking at my sons face as he opened his eyes for the first time. Possibly the most intense thing I’ve ever felt and just so unexpected that it could be so instant that love and desire to protect and nurture. Not a gradual coming to a realisation just ‘boom’ and it was there.

Same with my daughter at her birth.

and my wedding day, 16 years ago – still can’t believe she said yes 🙂

Is it dusty in here?

duntstick
    Free Member

Finding a spot in the woods, whilst out for a walk , where the sun just cuts through the leaves, forming twinkly shafts of light, on to bluebells, in a secluded spot where no-one can see……………

With a lovely French dancer with waist length hair and olive skin……..

Proper Mills&Boon 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Driving home from the hospital after my son was born had me in a fairly high state of ecstacy.

Also, two terrible days when we thought he had Meningitis and was virtually in a coma. On the third day we woke up (I was sleeping on the floor of the hospital) and he was up, alert and watching TV. Quite happy, wondered why we were there.

spacemonkey

I was a tennis coach in the mid 90’s and set up (with another coach mate) what turned out to be the first district 9-16yrs league in the UK. Was funded purely from match fees and our own pocket. LTA rep was curious but wouldn’t offer anything. 72 kids signed up and so we had a monster on our hands, having to administrate/umpire/coach all these kids/matches from something like Apr-Sep. Was absolutely bonkers.

Held an end-of-year awards ‘do’ in Oct where we presented various trophies for each leagues’ winner (e.g. 9-10 yrs, 11-12 yrs, 13-14yrs, 15-16yrs, most improved boy/girl etc). At the end, one of the parents (there were probably 150+ people present) stood up and said something like “I think we should all show our appreciation to Simon and Rick for their efforts and devotion this year … They’ve put so much into this … would you join me in a round of applause?” Everyone then stood up and clapped. That was it for me. Felt like I’d (we’d) really achieved something that gave those youngsters a sense of fun/achievement etc. Was an amazing experience. Repeated it the next year with funding from our bank but it was just too much work to continue – seeing as we both had 9-5 jobs. LTA rep wouldn’t give us the time of day anymore despite regional coaches telling her we were onto something.

Still, at least we had the memories …

chewkw
    Free Member

9 to 12 yr old when the world was stress free …

🙄

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I once had a kit kat where both fingers were all chocolate.

meehaja
    Free Member

My mum was seeing a guy who worked for nestle once who insisted that an all chocolate kit kat was impossible. When I told him I’d had a few where the whole finger was solid choc he got really angry and started shaking. She called it off not long after that!

I don’t know about happy memories, but I once was at a festival in my younger days, and everybody was trying to buy pills but no one was selling. I was dancing to the music and suddenly had a really viid memory of being in a tree in france with my dad. I suddenly remembered everything about that tree, the climb, the bendy branch you had to put your weight on, everything. I must have been about 6 when that happened, suddenly i had what I can only describe as the most amazing high ever, I totally came up without any drugs. It was proper weird, I was just insanely happy and kept thinking up all these obscure child hood memories and woosh! I’d come up again. From that day on I never took ecstasy again, and although I’ve never managed to “come up” purely on childhood memories, one day I will manage it again!

rOcKeTdOg

Lol@treemagnet 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

One of mine involves LSD but as some of you know, you had to be there.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My mum and dad. 🙁

rewski
    Free Member

Definitely both my boys being born.

emsz
    Free Member

When I was very young, doing roundoffs in the gym one day, I remember just being so happy and content I didn’t want to stop.

after months of arsing about finally getting together with current GF, in a kitchen when we were making a picnic, I didn’t think I could ever be as happy and excited as I was at that moment

clunker

Sorry I have a few…..

My Wedding Day
    The day my daughter was born
    The day my son was born
    The day my second son was born

joolsburger
    Free Member

I really do have loads as life’s been kind in that regard. One that stands out was watching the sunset by a driftwood fire on the beach with my family and friends after a full days body boarding and fun earlier this year. Just to see people I like happy and content was very, very nice indeed.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Easy…… every time I get a cuddle from one of my three daughters. As they are aged 9-11 it now means a lot 🙂
    Oh …. and yesterday I took two of them (and the dog) to Delamere for a quick whizz around and to try out the eldests’ new SS. Sun was shining and we stopped for hot choc and cake – That made me happy.
    Stuff like that.

Houns

The whole of 2003 and half of 2004

Damn i still miss her 🙁

tablesalt
    Free Member

being off my head on MDMA and sucking a older womans toes. I still see hear 🙂 10 years later.

emma82
    Free Member

lol tablesalt wtf? 🙂

awww some nice stories 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

At the moment it’s probably my daughter going off to her first sleepover the other night and saying “I’ll miss you”.

Or when we had a tickle fight in the street on the way back from the shops the other day.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Landing in new zealand on my birthday in 2003, i’d been meaning to go travelling for about 6 years on the trot but things kept getting in the way..

it got so bad everyone nicknamed me ‘copout’!

the sheer excitment mixed with the what the f*ck have a i done was immense.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel

IGMC

noteeth
    Free Member

Getting my first BMX, aged 7. Rather than wrap it up, my parents simply put it in the kitchen & covered it with tea towels.

Going for a drink with a dark-haired, dark-eyed lass somewhere on the Cowley Road, Oxford, late 1997. Not sure I’ll ever fall that hard for anybody, ever again.

Oh, for a time machine…

plumber
    Free Member

My wedding day was ace, so much love & happiness in the air (even my best man was on his best behaviour!) however last night I was feeding my 9 week old daughter at 3.30am and just before she started taking her milk, she suddenly started giggling a smiling properly for the first time – sticking her tongue out and everything!! That memory will stay with me for a long, long time

The look of fear on MMTM’s face when I started my best mans speech knowing at the things I could have said but know I never would cos I like the guy so much.

Thats and face **** the bridesmaid on the same later

🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Whats your happiest memory?’ is closed to new replies.