Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whats wrong with my Revs 2010 U turn seal blew off ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Out for a ride today and heard a pop looked down and the complete seal on the top of the left hand leg had blown off/up.

Forks are 2010 Rev U turn.

Forks had lost pressure I managed to push the seal back in and re-inflate and they held pressure for the rest of the ride.

I also suspect they are losing oil form the top of the right hand leg.

Fork experts help

retro83
    Free Member

seal problem in the air chamber, air pressure has leaked into the lower legs.

Had a pair that did this once and never again so you might be lucky 🙂 otherwise, warranty 🙁

shredder
    Free Member

So it would seem have read some more accounts of it happening. The annoying thing is the forks went back last year for warranty work, as they were dropping through the travel. All sorts replaced at that point including
    Air tube / Air valve / Air assem /
    How many times can something be looked at repaired before it’s not fit for purpose ?

z1ppy

As per Retro, mine came out a couple of times (assumed the seal was just not sitting right) when it went back to fishers for a u-turn issue, the techie phoned & said the seal coming up was an issue with the air chamber (a leak?). Get em to your LBS to send back to fishers (assuming it’s less than 12momths old)

ventanarider
    Free Member

i had the same forks with similar problem. Sent back to Fishers who kindly gave me the option of a new pair of 2011 ones.

2 year warranty on RS btw

shredder
    Free Member

Yes think I might ask for that option as they are still within the warranty period.

ventanarider
    Free Member

they dont do u turn anymore.

The equivelent is rlt ti which has 150mm travel and then a switch to give a 30% sag redustion for climbing, road work etc.

In my opinion a much better fork

shredder
    Free Member

So the travel drops/switches between 150 > 120 can you have/are you able to have any travel between the two say @ 140 ?

skaifan
    Free Member

This happened to mine recently. I sent them to tftuned for a service. Worn seals in the air chamber. Work fine now, and havent done it again. I was told that it meant they were overdue a service.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Anyone managed to get theit lbs to return forks to Fishers without the original guarantee? MudDock in Bristol won’t help me despite my Revs clearly being within their warranty period. Going to have to pay tft otherwise.

andyl
    Free Member

ring Fishers direct. That is what I did when Merlin refused to warranty mine for the damper fluid leaking into the lower leg problem. TFT confirmed it would be a warranty job and told me to call fishers who I did and then Merlin sent them to Fishers who fixed them for free with updated parts.

bol

It seems to happen to most 2010 uturn revs at some point. Mine were fixed under warantee too. It’s a pitty, because otherwise I think they were the best all-round fork I’ve ever had.

@agentsagnamit, I’m prety sure it is Fishers who request the receipt, not the LBS. You could always try and convince them they were a gift…

shredder
    Free Member

I would agree it is a shame as I think they are superb forks. I thought after they were fixed under warranty last year with all new parts that they would be right now. But to have them fail a second time is very dissapointing.
    Got all my receipts and work sheets of the warranty work carried out so will be on the phone this morning.

z1ppy

Agentsagnamit I emailed fishers direct about the issue (as mine are US imports) & they just said take it to my LBS to return them. I did & took the email from fishers, which was useful as the LBS were doubtful about Fishers fixing a US fork too. No one’s asked to see my reciept, though was asked several times about the purchase date (LBS for the RTM/RMA number & when the Fishers techie rang me), though I do have the reciept if they ask..

I’d try another LBS, as the reciept is **** all to do with them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whats wrong with my Revs 2010 U turn seal blew off ?’ is closed to new replies.