Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What's worth seeing at the Cycle Show?
  • MrGreedy

Will be coming down on Saturday, so which stands should I make sure I check out? Any decent freebies/deals?

pinches
    Free Member

all i managed to blag was a load of energy bars/gels from various people.

wasn’t much to buy, one big kit stall at the back but mostly clothing.

alot of nice road bikes with excessive price tags. a number of nice MTBs but i was surprised how many manufacturers weren’t there. A niche to suit every one somewhere – managed to check out a couple of

I rode a DMR jump bike on their “mountain” course for a bit. and had a go on a moulton on the comedy track (which was a laugh)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

IS it worth going to? Got some tickets for Saturday but I keep thinking as the weather is nice should I do something outside instead (will be MTBing on Sunday definately), so is it worth schlepping into London on a sunny Sat?

5AM
    Free Member

Is there likey to be any armour there? I am particulary interested in the 661 vapour suit as it looks like it has the best spine protection, but would like to be able to try it for size etc?

pinches
    Free Member

well, it depends i guess how often you go bike shopping! but then again, i work in a shop so i see alot of bikes on a daily basis, i personally didn’t find very much of interest once i’d walked round a couple of times.

there was a definite significant bias towards road and commute bikes though.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If you park at the venue make sure you have some smelling salts on your person for when you see the parking charges. 😯

steelfan
    Free Member

The Chris King Cielo Frames on the Yeti stand were very nice!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Me! No actually I was there today, but I won’t be there again. 🙁

so is it worth schlepping into London on a sunny Sat?

If you’re coming to see me, then it’s ALWAYS worth the journey. 🙂

For the show…

I was there to schmooze potential sponsors for an event. Nice talking to people, got some pretty positive feedback actually. But it’s a trade event. IE, the people on the stands are there to promote their products, not to chat to all and sundry about bikes and biking. It’s their jobs, they’re not there for fun. Mind you, some of them are probably knocking back a snifter or two in the pubs nearby right now…

I can’t get excited about bikes any more. They’re nice and that, but just bikes to me. A few nice bits, but same old same old really, just flashy new colour schemes and that.

I din’t even bother with most of the ‘big’ names; the little stands with small companies are more interesting. Good to see little cottage/shed industries there as well as the big corporate giants. The test track is useful to try out a range of different bikes. Some rad skilz dem on the jump arena thing.

It’s a trade show, not a celebration of cycling.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Me too! Although I’ll be there tomorrow!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Think I’ll be out on the motorbikes in the sunshine instead. Cheers guys enjoy your bike shopping 😉

rp16v
    Free Member

spent a few hours there today the one23 kit is starting to look real nice,new flavours on the tourq stand (yummie),played around on a dmr on test track,plenty of free bags and key rings ,worth a look on the kcnc stand for some lushness new hope prototype cassettes parking wasent that bad and made it back on 82 mpg happy days 😀

u1travi01et
    Free Member

the KCNC stand is allways good

jedi

i was there today. it was ok. last year was betterer. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Waves at Jedi) 😀

He really was there with a pint in his hand, you know.

jedi

you knows it 🙂
    beer and bikes 🙂 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nice meeting you Jedi!

I also got to meet Resident Grumpy Mark what runs this site! Was quite a pleasant experience actually. I should’ve offered to buy him a pint now I think about it. I mean, it’s not every day that the STW crew come down to That London, is it?

Next time Mark. 😉

jedi

yeah you too. 8 pints in 🙂 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’d had 8 pints by the time I saw you? 😯

No way????!?!?

You din’t come across as even tipsy!!!!!!!!!! 😮

jedi

yeah lol. we was bored walking round 🙂 🙂

jedi

was cool seeing my bmx mates.
    priest, stupple etc..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Christ almighty. You can stick it away, eh?

For the benefit of others; Jedi merely seemed relaxed and cheerful. Had I imbibed an equal amount, I’d be in A+E…

yunki
    Free Member

Had I imbibed an equal amount, I’d be in A+E…

is that cos you is a dandy and a fop?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What's worth seeing at the Cycle Show?’ is closed to new replies.