Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What's the going rate for a scrap car?
  • RustySpanner

4 decent tyres and a radio cassette, not a staight panel on it, engine’s toast, but could possibly be made to run by a competent mechanic for long enough to sell it to a very silly person.
    Due to the nature of it’s demise, I suspect the cat’s knacered as well.

I’ve kept the jack, tools and mats 🙂

It’s a Daewoo Nexia.
    Been offered £80.00 if they come and pick it up, £100.00 if I can get it to them, which I can’t.

Does this seem fair or should I hold out for a few quid more?

Thanks in advance!

toys19
    Free Member

I just got paid 80 quid for my pug 406 estate, he told me he gets 120 for them at the scrappies, given that it didnt drive I was happy. Based on weight unless its a desirable scrap model. With the greatest of respect, is the Nexia the kind of car a scrappy is going to make money on selling parts??

b1galus
    Free Member

this will vary with where you are in the country but in edinburgh roughly 120 to 140 less if you leave the tyres on ,if near a major english city i would expect that to rise to perhaps 150 -160

Sandwich

£160 if you take it here (Ipswich), probably more if you take the tyres off.

b1galus
    Free Member

breakers dismantle cars , scrappies SCRAP cars we are only interested in the metal

RustySpanner

Hmm, might just hold out for a few quid more, there’s not many about now and spare parts cost a bomb:
    Alternators are £90.00 new, as are wiper motors.

Don’t have the time or facilities to strip it myself, sadly.

With the greatest of respect, is the Nexia the kind of car a scrappy is going to make money on selling parts??

I honestly have no idea – they only seem to be driven by the old, unfashionable ot terminally skint, but I’m not sure whether that’s a positive or not when it comes to scrappage.

Mind you, I paid nothing for it, so it’s not all bad news TBH. 🙂

h4muf
    Free Member

£150 a tonne in derbyshire.

maccruiskeen

stick it in ebay with a really, really thorough honest description. Make the starting price the very least you’d expect to get for it as scrap. Someone will very likely buy it and take it away. And whatever they pay over the asking price is gravy.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ll give you 80,00 quid for it if I can pay with Paypal gift… 😈

bigyinn
    Free Member

£8000 Don Simon? Might want to amend that figure!

donsimon
    Free Member

Comma?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Full stop!

donsimon
    Free Member

Not here,, my friend.

nickjb
    Free Member

2nd ebay. Start at 99p, honest pics and description, it’ll sell

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ah yes Spanish(?) keyboard?

dave_aber
    Free Member

Weigh it in for scrap. Don’t forget to fill the tyres, fuel tank, screen wash, engine block etc with water first though!

Northwind

Oh slight derail but I’ve got about 30 kilos of scrap aluminium- motorbike bits- out the back… Any ideas what that’s worth to a scrap dealer these days? It’s all alloy, no bits of steel stuck in it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

breakers dismantle cars , scrappies SCRAP cars we are only interested in the metal

Maybe so, but my local scrappie scraps cars after he’s let people break them themselves. Basically just charges a bit more for parts than he’d get for weighing it in.

Simwit

Girlfriends brother got £155 collected for a dead Rover 400 this week, Hampshire/Surrey border area

letmetalktomark

£200 in Suffolk for a W reg 206 diesel that we took to the breakers

£180 for them to collect.

Found that there was a £50 varience when phoning around.

andrewh
    Free Member

Not many in Lincolnshire. Had to let them have my last one for nothing as it was the only one who would collect.
    PITA sorting DVLA paperwork too, get the yellow bit signed there and then!

grantway
    Free Member

Depending on size its around £ 280 now for scrapping a car

grantway
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Oh slight derail but I’ve got about 30 kilos of scrap aluminium- motorbike bits- out the back… Any ideas what that’s worth to a scrap dealer these days? It’s all alloy, no bits of steel stuck in it.

Not much for Aluminium

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What's the going rate for a scrap car?’ is closed to new replies.