Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's the film please?
  • ex-pat
    Free Member

Black and white, reasonably famous characters in it.
    Plot is that someone has been murdered (IIRC) or died in an asylum and the lead character goes in under cover to find out who did it – and slowly turns insane as he’s given shock therapy etc…

Seem to remember the film fondly, if only as it’s my version of “The Office”… ;o)

speaker2animals

Sounds like Shutter Island.

argyle
    Free Member

I told you not to call the police

ex-pat
    Free Member

That could be the remake, but this is a genuine old B&W movie…

Kuco
    donsimon
    Free Member

Debbie does Dallas?

ex-pat
    Free Member

Hmm, could be. The plot is correct, and the asylum is as I remember it (never thought I’d say that) but don’t recall all the pseudo-erotic stuff.
    For my sake I’ll say no, otherwise it might be this film that’s lodged in my mind for the past 20 years or so…

Kuco

I saw a film along similar lines but was in colour, possibly a remake.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Could be this now I’m searching in earnest…
    Shock Treatment
    But then I don’t remember animal labs etc…

RealMan
    Free Member

Debbie does Dallas?

You like that film don’t you? 😆

uplink
    Free Member

The Ruling Class?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Shock Corridor?

That’s what came to my mind.

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

That there’s Quantum Leap you’re thinking of, silly you

“Shock Theater” Joe Napolitano Deborah Pratt October 3, 1954 Havenwell, Pennsylvania May 22, 1991
    Sam leaps into Sam Beiderman, a depressed mental patient who receives shock therapy as soon as Sam leaps in. This causes Sam’s ego to become displaced, resulting in his assuming the identities of people he has leaped into before. It’s up to Al to complete Sam’s mission by helping a mentally challenged young man learn how to read, which he is able to do when he discovers that he and Sam can be seen by mentally insane people; he must also find a way to restore Sam’s ego so he can leap, or else risk losing contact with Sam forever.

(good ol’ wikipedia)

the garish colour pallette of US tv back then probably just made your eyes block out colour altogether in protest.

no need for thanks, i do it for the love of telly

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's the film please?’ is closed to new replies.