Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what's Prawn about Prawn Crackers?
  • slowuphill
    Free Member

as the title says. Eating some last night and thought where is the prawn in prawn crackers?

steve-g
    Free Member

I am allergic to prawns and thought the same as you. I had a couple, felt OK, continued eating until the bag was empty, then my body temperature rose to around 1 million degrees and I went a bit delirious.

I think some of them are flavoured and contain none at all, but sometimes you get the “good stuff” and there are bits in there

Drac

Shrimp powder is part of the ingredients.

takisawa2

They have a fishy smell so must be something sea-foodish in them.
    I’m the same as steve-g. Any of those sea foods (prawn/crab/cockles/muscles etc) quickly see me in a bad way. Prawn crackers seem to be ok, unless they are very sea-foodish. Had prawn toast once & the wife couldnt believe how qucikly I got very ill.

Flaperon

14% prawns according to the back of the bag I bought from Aldi yesterday.

molgrips
    Free Member

In America, Coffee Cake does not taste of coffee at all. It’s called that because it’s made to be consumed with a cup of coffee.

Either the same is true of prawn crackers, or they are flavoured with the minced up remains of prawns that do not make it into your frozen bag.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I like sea food, but it’s russian roulette on the old nipsy.

Last time me and mrs PL went out for a thia I had the hot and sour sea food soup, 10 minutes later I stopped mid sentence to walk quickly to the toilet, but taking very small steps.

scalops are the worst for me. Prawns are fine, including the crakers,

parp

thebunk

Raw prawn crackers don’t look anything like prawn crackers, or prawns – they’re opaque thin discs about three times smaller than a prawn cracker.

Watching them expand in the pan of hot oil is one of the wonders of cooking (I imagine up there with knowing what the Colonels secret recipe is). Eating a freshly cooked prawn cracker is an experience not to be missed (unless you’re allergic to prawns).

Kuco

10 minutes later I stopped mid sentence to walk quickly to the toilet, but taking very small steps.

Just spat coffee out 🙂

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I’m with thebunk, home made prawn crackers, indeed home made Chinese full stop, is vastly better than takeaway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what's Prawn about Prawn Crackers?’ is closed to new replies.