Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What's happened to Google Chrome?
  • 43derryroad
    Free Member

It used to be so stable and now everytime I use it a random plugin seems to crash.

What’s occurring?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I gave up with the current version and I’m using the Beta version 11.0.696.16 no crashes for about a week now 😀

stumpy01

Flash plug-in seems to constantly crash recently on my computer, leaving a jigsaw piece with eyes.

Pook

shockwave sold the flash plugin to adobe. Since adobe have had it they’ve not been updating the software. It’s shoddy.

MtbRoutes

It was Macromedia that sold out to Adobe, since when Flash has undergone massive development including hardware-enabled video acceleration and countless other additions. Apart from that, spot on.

Waderider
    Free Member

Interesting. The propriety (adobe) flash plugin for Firefox on Debian based linux distributions has recently become unstable also. Well, on my computers anyhow.

Rough translation – let’s blame flash, not Chrome/linux. Maybe Jobs is right (although I think his thrust was security).

Pook

It was Macromedia that sold out to Adobe, since when Flash has undergone massive development including hardware-enabled video acceleration and countless other additions. Apart from that, spot on

They’ve not been updating the chrome software.

druidh
    Free Member

Absolutely spot-on for me. I run whatever the latest automatically-updated beta is.

Stoner
    Free Member

been stable for me.

43derryroad
    Free Member

Flash and Google Gears seem to be the main culprits

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What's happened to Google Chrome?’ is closed to new replies.