• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by TimS.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What year meta is this?
  • maximus
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190490860251&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1153
    Just bought that on ebay for a mega bargin, but i have no idea how old it is! Any ideas?
    Cheers

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

pre-2008, from the swingarm design.

WackoAK
    Free Member

It looks like a 2005/2006 model , I had the vip frame from 2006/7 and the top tube slopes more and has extra material near the seat tube join.

Twin
    Free Member

Sure its a medium? The upper shock mount looks a long way from the top tube, or is that because it doesn’t slope much?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Sure its a medium?

+1 looks massive

WackoAK
    Free Member

Pretty sure that’s a medium, due to that model not having the sloping top tube. IIRC it was the main criticism of the bike when it was launched and they brought the sloping tube in the year after.

fadda

I’d go for 2007. It’s a pre-2008 swingarm, and the graphics are later than my 2006 one…

maximus
    Free Member

Ah right, should I expect it to be a big medium then?
    Also what you guys rekcon the shortest fork I could get away with would be? Ive got a set of fl100s but pretty sure there just not big enough for it

WackoAK
    Free Member

Actually, looking at it again it’s definately large – I’m 6ft and had a medium but I was right on the limit.

maximus
    Free Member

At the moment Ive only got 100mm forks for it, 4 inches on the front and 5.5 on the back just isnt going to work is it?!

br
    Free Member

and while you are at it, buy a pair of strengthened linkages plus watch the top-tube / head-tube area for cracks

ftr1873
    Free Member

+1 for 2007, different colour from my ’06 and the 2007 was the first year of Meta 5.5 as opposed to just Meta 5 IIRC.

ams09121974
    Free Member

Looks like a meta 5 to me not a 5.5.

timdrayton
    Free Member

i had a medium and they were pretty large..

its identical to the one i had and that was sold to me as a 2007.

you want some 120-30 forks on it really, my first proper fs bike, although me being 5,5 tall didnt help, it was a bit like mouting a penny farthing.

maximus
    Free Member

wtf have I bought then! haha
    I measured it today as 19.5 so its definately a large! Anything to watch out for?
    The frames got a few dents on the top tube but nothing serious, should I be worried?

TimS
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2007 Medium Meta 5.5, and the top shock pivot is connected at the top-tube, which slopes and splays where it meets the seat-tube. I’m guessing it’s 2006 (and Large).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What year meta is this?’ is closed to new replies.