Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What would you pay?
  • All-On-Black
    Free Member

I just wanna guage what sort of price i’m gunna get for my race bike.

Not up for sale yet, but what would you guys pay for this?

There’s a couple of changes since those pictures were taken.

It’s a full X0 groupset, apart from the brakes, which are Shimano XTR.

2×10, with a 39×26 chainset, and SRAM PG1070 cassette – 11-32.

Chain is the SRAM PC1091R, with hollow pins and links.

Bottom bracket is standard external thread, Hope Stainless steel bearings.

Forks are 2009 Fox 100mm with manual lockout, which have been serviced 2 weeks ago and only ridden a couple of times since.

Wheels are American Classic, with a combined weight of 1460g! They run extremely nicely and are very quiet.

The finishing kit is full carbon, headset, stem, bars, and seatpost, and the saddle is a Fizik Tundra, in white.

The whole bike weighs 9.7kg, and has been ridden since april in only races. I think in total it’s probably done around 200 miles as i’ve not been able to race too much this year.

Only reason for sale is that I get bored easy and fancy something new whilst the sales are on!

There is a couple of scuffs on the frame, but no cracks, scratches or dents.

All items were bought BRAND NEW, in sales mostly over the winter, so I built it on the cheap.

I built this bike up myself, with a total build cost of £2,800.

So, what do you guys think? Any questions just ask.

Remember, this bike is NOT YET FOR SALE!!

Thanks!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nice apart from the tyres. No idea but I’ll give you £50 for it.

okay £75 then but you’re pushing it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

£125 if you change the tyres

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

around half what you paid for it

All-On-Black
    Free Member

lol those tyres are long gone! think i’m currently running continental race kings.. can’t remember without looking!

Some serious offers now? Around half, that’s what I thought.. but would love a little more considering the maintenance on it of late 😀

uplink
    Free Member

as it stands, around a grand
    no one’s buying, times are hard

break it up

Northwind

I’d suspect people will be put off by the frame brand, but that’s a lot of value in parts. I’d split it personally.

br
    Free Member

Split it and sell in bits, may make more?

Or transfer over the bits that can to your new frame, and flog the rest – probably best ‘value’ approach.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

“Maintenance, of late” is not maintenance; it is remedial work. Maintenance is continuous from day one.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks fast but yep, what TJ said. Don’t think I’ve ever sold anything for much more than half (bear in mind that some of my recent frame sales have been barely a couple of weeks old 🙁 ).

All-On-Black
    Free Member

“Maintenance, of late” is not maintenance; it is remedial work. Maintenance is continuous from day one.

Ok, what I meant was that i’d serviced it fully.

I would transfer bits over to a new frame but i’m buying a new fully built bike this time.

There’s nothing wrong with that frame brand, carbon frames are made in like 4 factories, it’s just a non well known brand. It’s a bloody good bike and i’ve enjoyed racing on it with zero problems.

The other problem with splitting it is that i’ll end up with bits that won’t go

njee20
    Free Member

There’s nothing wrong with that frame brand, carbon frames are made in like 4 factories, it’s just a non well known brand

There’s your issue! And those who have heard of it will probably know them as a cheap brand.

I’d split it. You may have one or two bits left over, but your potential market for a set of those wheels, or an X.0 chainset (for example) is far far bigger than it is for a slighty gaudy looking XC race bike from a small manufacturer (no offence like!).

If you must sell it as a whole then half is reasonable. Doing things like servicing forks before you sell it is daft – it’ll cost you £150, but no one will pay £150 extra because you’ve done it!

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Actually servicing the forks cost me £60.

I’ll consider splitting it, but I want a fast sale ideally.

Perhaps see if it goes as a full bike and if not then split it.

We’ll see. Thanks for your opinions, much appreciated!

Northwind

All-On-Black – Member

There’s nothing wrong with that frame brand

Totally agree with you but the reality is people are likely to be put off by it. Personally I think you’ll find it drags people’s perception of the full bike down.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What would you pay?’ is closed to new replies.