Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • What would be in your dream garage, bikes, cars, tools and motorcycles thread
  • Vortexracing

That’s cheating esselgruntfuttock !!!!

porter_jamie

i quite fancy an f100 with a built big block and mint chassis and running gear but a scabby body as a daily driver
    an old transit with similar treatment
    plenty of bikes
    motorbikes:
    4xv
    tz350g
    reverse cyl tz250
    v twin tz250
    tz750
    rd400
    i would make a 500cc v twin and ally beam chassis with all the gear for track use
    tools:
    couple of 5 axis vf2/3
    couple of 2 axis cnc lathes
    miller trinity
    complete set of jd2 tube bender dies and bender
    3d laser scanner
    couple of hot dang workstations with cad/cam etc
    cmm
    english wheel
    and so on

roger_mellie

The Dodge, not the Beetle 😉

colp

Ferrari 250 GTS California – I blame Ferris Bueller.

Hey Weeksy, I’m getting there on your list 🙂

choppersquad
    Free Member

Smogmonster’s missus 😀

Vortexracing

Smogmonster’s missus

piccies?

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Two definite inclusions in my garage would be an Audi Sport Quattro from circa 1985 and a Lancia Integrale HF Turbo. Something to play about with on the local back roads. Mate of mine recently had a Metro 6R4 which was great fun!

Bikes would have to be a Suzuki TL1000s and a Triumph T595. Also like a late ’90’s Fireblade to hoon about on?

Cycles would have to be a selection of carbon and titanium mountain bikes and any exotic (but relatively comfortable) road bikes.

flamejob
    Free Member

In order of likelihood…

Vortexracing

That Ducati looks lovely, as does that road bike

edhornby

really not bothered about cars, I’ll have a van or a big estate and that’ll do me

I would have a bike specific shed with racks, tools and spares area, power, a cleaning area outside etc.

I’d like a cargo bike and a disc brake road bike for winter and commuting, a full carbon rigid 29er something so that I can SS my current blue one for winter filthy rides or goin the pub

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

This place to put all of these beauties 🙂

[img]http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/46953817%2Bw600%2Bh400%2Bre0%2Bcr1%2Bar0/129-1305-01%2Beleven-off-road-concepts-that-should-exist%2Bford-bronco-concept[/img]
    [img]http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/gallery/ARIELAtom500V8-4592_1.jpg[/img][img]http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/2009-kawasaki-KX250F.jpg[/img]
    And all of the bikes obviously… ALL OF THEM!

zippykona

E type, Triumph 160,140 export both in purple and white. A Tiger Cub for shopping, a midi van of some sort,Ariel atom from above, little Suzuki jeep for the snow, 90s ti kona and a 20lb full sus 29er.

zippykona

And a fat bike.

anagallis_arvensis

Series 1 landy
    Plus
    and a camper van capable of having it hang off the back.
    A few other bikes and a big estate car for something or other.
    Loads of bicycles too, obviously.

backinireland
    Free Member

My garage heading towards ideal but can always be improved. Got all the tools air compressor Tec.
    In terms of contents I’d like
    A caterham
    A kit car project to build something like a Landis stratos
    Series 2 landrover
    Vw California
    110 defender

Bikes
    MY snippet
    Blur c classic
    Carbon road. Bike
    Cx Bike
    To

racefaceec90

these

and just for the sheer hell of it 8)

in reality i may be able to get the cotic one day,any of the others though no chance 🙁

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Thomthumb, love that Unimog!
    For me, any early 911, just basic, boggo engine wheels and body. Just a raw car, bit dangerous!

The blackest Citroen DS I could find!
    I love motorbikes, but I just don’t seem to lust after specific models.
    Garage-wise, I think I’d just like the means to produce anything I fancied, nice old Bridgeport mill, decent Lathe, decent 200Amp TIG, all you need!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I feel a ban hammer coming……

lemonysam
    Free Member

Vortexracing

I do like that Norton 😀

I feel a ban hammer coming……

why?

are we not allowed to post pictures of Infiniti cars? 😉

Cougar

I think I’d need something subtle,

a proper bike,

Something to pop to the shops on,

And maybe something for when it’s raining.

psling
    Free Member

It’s a bit worrying how many of the (less expensive, relatively) choices made above I have actually owned over the last 40 years or so 😯

However, one I’ve always wanted:

pondo

I’m assuming we’re talking “holy sh!t – Bill Gates left me everything???” dream garage, rather than anything I’m in with a shout of genuinely fulfilling? Good – I’ve had a very enjoyable few hours thinking about this over the weekend. 🙂 This is just for starters, I’m sure more will occur…

Porsche 917. This has been the coolest car on earth for me since I was a boy. Probably too scary to drive in anger for a normo like me, this beast wouldn’t do much more than the annual Goodwood outing.

Ferrari 312PB. My weapon of choice for classic Le Mans and “winning” at race car track days.

(Maybe not the most illustrative picture – but nuts was it that they raced events like the Targa with cars like those and the public that close? )

Lotus 49. Gotta have some F1, haven’t you? Low tech high tech was never any cooler – elegant simplicity personified.

Ferrari 250GTO. Perfect for the run to Tesco. THE classic GT, as happy popping for a pint of milk as it is howling round Spa.

Brabham BT45. I don’t think F1 has ever been as cool since ground effects came to the fore – until that point, you kind of thought that, with a bit of practice, you could have some fun in one. Since that epoch, I think they’ve been out of the reach of mortals – a Martini-sponsored Brabham was as beautiful as they ever got.

Renault 5 Gordini Turbo. The daily runaround – original and even a little scruffy to the eye, underneath she’d be tweaked and tricked out, a more modern interpretation of the four-pot turbo, taught to handle and stop with a decent radio. Has to be yellow and black. With yellow headlights.

Aston Martin DB5. Mrs Pondo’s Sunday car. She can have whatever else she wants, too, but this is the one I know about – let’s face it, it’s not an ugly car, is it?

Aston Martin Vanquish. Gotta have a Grand Tourer, haven’t you? The weapon of choice for runs to the yacht parked in Monaco harbour. Might even be tempted by the Volante, if that’s not too hairdresser – metallic BRG, either way.

Caterham 7 620R. The hooliganmobile. For track days and the odd bit of Sunday lettin-her-rip action.
    Probably not in purple.

Triumph Speed Triple R. The everyday road bike. Not a pretty bike but versatile, fast and fun – white please.

Aprilia RS250. Old-school hooligan tool. Uncompromised giggle machine, suitable for track days and sunny summer runs.

KTM SX125. If I fancy a bit of motocross, that’s the tool for me. Four strokes are for sight-seeing – if you want a race bike, pre-mix is the way forward. Do they still do a 125 SXS…?

Ducati Desmosedici. If you’re going to have a track bike, have a track bike. Although a CBR600 may be a smidge more accessible.

Vincent Black Lightning. My old dad had a Black Shadow back in the day, and I always thought that was the coolest retro bike. The Lightning was a slightly hotter and muc rarer version – only 30-odd ever made.

The cafe racer. Gotta have a cafe racer, innit?

Suzuki RM125/250. My evo ‘crossers – Rob Herring was my hero as a boy, so I’d have a brace of ’89s made up in TTS livery for Evo racing. (Thinking about it, that might be ’90 as I think he was number 5 in ’89)

Colnago C59. Touch of class.

Orange Five 29er. The full sus XC bike. Always had a soft spot for Orange.

Yeti 303 WC. The downhill tool. If it’s downhill we’re talking,
    John Tomac is my reference point. Although this thing doesn’t look right without dropped handlebars.

Stanton Slackline Ti. Gotta have something in Ti, haven’t you – the hardtail seems the perfect choice.

Orange C16r. The retro ride. And the one thing in this list I already have.

(Not my frame, but same colour)

To put it all, a garage a bit like Jay Leno’s –

It’ll need to be that big to fit the Beechcraft and the Augusta.

And to finish it off, one of these.

Dickyboy

Moto Guzzi MGS 01 & a van to take it to various tracks over the year would do me 🙂

Vortexracing

I’m assuming we’re talking “holy sh!t – Bill Gates left me everything???” dream garage, rather than anything I’m in with a shout of genuinely fulfilling? Good

I was thinking of more the later, i.e. have a chance of filling, with me it would have to be well into retirement though 🙁

But your list pondo is awesome and that Lotus is truly a thing of beauty.

Keep em coming, STW doesn’t seem to have too many dreamers 😕

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Great list Pondo but an SX150 is what you need, not the 125. 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What would be in your dream garage, bikes, cars, tools and motorcycles thread’ is closed to new replies.