Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What will dropping a rise on riser bars do to my ride?
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

Hi,

Im gonna buy some bars tonight…YEAH!! I dont know what rise to go for though. My currents are 690mm 25mm rise and the Funn 750mm ones i want only have 15mm and 30mm rise.

Will i be better of getting the greater 30mm rise with dropping a spacer or just going for a the 15mm rise and leaving it at the top where my bars already are?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

lots of spacers? get the high ones and lose the spacers. Could move the stem up? get the low ones…

coopersport1
    Free Member

Unless they 20mm rise you’ll probably die……..As above depends on spacers etc

mboy
    Free Member

Your weight will move forward ever so slightly on the bike. Not a massive deal.

Or as the other two have said, move the stem up or down on the steerer moving the spacers to suit.

Kryton57

What mboy said, plus you may get increase front end grip in corners.

cookeaa

Don’t forget your hands/arms being marginally further apart (with a wider bar) will pull you a bit forwards and down too, so even if you manage to replicate your current bars height with the 30mm rise version and 5mm less spacing under the stem you will be a tad more over the front…

As other have said it all depends on the bike and the setup you’re going after, I’d maybe be inclined to get the 30mm and see what effect spacers have (assuming you have a few to play with)…

having said that I have a set of 750/15mm Funn full on bars on my DH bike and they suit that particular bike really well…

HermanShake
    Free Member

It’s all relative, we don’t know how stacked you are at the moment. I prefer the aesthetic of less spacers and a higher rise bar to a low rise on a tower of spacers.

Going wider will drop your position a little, go for more rise if you want it to be similar. Low rise bars look cool and keep your weight forward (good for climbing/traction/attacking stuff, not good for weak backs).

Go 30 rise… or 15 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What will dropping a rise on riser bars do to my ride?’ is closed to new replies.