Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What wide bars?
  • sherry
    Free Member

Looking for a nice and wide set of bars with a high rise 31.8 to go with my meta 6. Any suggestions?

DezB
    Free Member

How wide is wide?

dano
    Free Member

what like this??

sherry
    Free Member

Hey how'd you get that picture of me lol! I was thinking around 720mm or wider. Not carbon, I don't think they could take my crashing!

sherry
    Free Member

Those Nuke Proof look good and not stupidly expensive! Now I want the matching stem. Cheers.

MrTall
    Free Member

I second the Nukeproof bars. I have 2 of them at 760mm on my full suss and slightly cut down to 740mm on the hardtail. Pretty light, not too expensive and a nice feel to the shape.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Burgtec. Mine are great they add so much control and feel loads better than the 660s that are on my HT. I have the 750×20 and love them.

Clembo
    Free Member

I'll third the nuke proofs. Got em on my simple with em cut down to 710. Feel very good to me and not expensive.

br
    Free Member

I've high-rise Sunline V2's on my On One, 711mm wide. They are heavy at 340g but I bought them to try wider bars, on the cheap.

Just need to find a pair of Brants Ti bars now…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cripes, how long are your arms!? I sometimes find 685 a handful on tight overgrown trails.

acorlett

CRC also do some nice Azonic ones at 765mm. I got the double wall ones. I think they were around £32-£36. So much better if you're broad-shouldered…

BIGMAN
    Free Member

The 3 i would look at would be!

Burgtec – awesome feel, shape and warranty.
    Renthal – There products are amazing. What do they not know about making bars?

I've just bolted some new pro-tapers to my dh bike to but am yet to try them. Feel like the Burgtecs but 2cm wider. I have trimmed them though!

pinches
    Free Member

i really like the burgtecs. Also has nukeproofs and they're really good for the money.

i'd really like some of the new pro tapers but they never seem to do 31.8 mount!

Does anyone make a wide carbon bar? like a 710mm with 31.8 mount….

neilforrow

the new renthal M101 bar.

turneround

burgtec here also….

Had a set of easton carbons, the MX version (motorcross inspired), lovely bar, cracking shape although only 660 wide….. wish i'd never got rid..

akira

Race Face Atlas FR, very wide, not bad price and available in all the colours of the rainbow.

Clembo
    Free Member

Easton do a 711 wide downhill carbon bar I believe

Spud

I have the Nukeproof but am thinking of going back to EA70s.

hitman
    Free Member

sunline v1

lunge

Nukeproof for me, really nice and i really like the full width.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

The new pro taper bar is 31.8…..

Finally answer have taken note and made what people want!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What wide bars?’ is closed to new replies.