Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What washing machine?
  • Eyepic
    Free Member

Our Bosch has just died after a longisg stint.

What make do I replace it with?

Go cheap and cheerful? (12 month warenty)
    Bosch 2 Year
    Miele 5 Year

Other ideas folks.

Oxboy
    Free Member

As I have a large family and we manage to trash washing machines for fun, I got a cheapie in the sale then added the 5 year warranty onto it. I haven’t had to buy the last 2 machines we have had since then (replaced under warranty and new warranty then bought). The current one has had 2 new doors, a new circuit board and the whole drum mechanism replaced free of charge under it’s 5 year warranty (this one is nicknamed triggers brush!).

This way of doing it seems to work out well for us.

Bunnyhop

Miele

rickmeister

Most of the German stuff we have bought is still going.. Zanussi, Bosch, Miele, pobably all good and I think we would go with them again. I’m not sure there is a “Bangernomics” version of washing machines…. It’s only the Dyson that seems bonkers expensive..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

if you have the cash, Miele

slowoldgit
    Free Member

*there’s an echo in here*

Miele

chaos

10 year warranty on parts/labour and made in Sweden rather than Turkey/China?

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/New+Appliances/ISE+Appliances/1607W+ISE10+Washing+Machine.html

Not got one but looks interesting.

ilv10
    Free Member

Miele had mine’s for 22 years never been fixed my mum had her one for 28 years then it blew up fantastic

superfli
    Free Member

Avoid gadgets and gizmo’s and settings you will never use. Keep it simple. Either buy cheap and expect to replace fairly regularly (anything more is a bonus) or expensive (generally German!) and expect 10yrs+.

Buy a Miele! We got one of the cheapest ones they do about 5yrs ago and its been faultless.

cozz
    Free Member

mrs bought a Miele few months back – shes dead pleased with it

she spent ages reseaching steam direct drive machines, but hte reviews were a mixed bag –

wombat

At risk of being boring….Miele

footflaps

Had my AEG 10 years now and its still as good as the day I bought it…

GJP
    Free Member

Siemens provide a 5 year guarantee and their prices are reasonable, compared to Miele.

cheers_drive

John Lewis appliances are worth looking at. I think they are made by one of the German manufacturers and have good warranties. Washing machine is 5 years old and dishwasher 18 months.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Miele

Not many features but rock solid build quality.

Got a 10 year warranty when I bought mine.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

For a different view… I just got a brand new ex display Hoover for 30% less that the cheapest web offer I could find. Won’t last as long as a Miele but a fraction of the cost – £400 for an integrated washer drier (all sunging, all dancing A rated) with an 8kg load capacity. The Mieles and stuff are about £1300 😮

TomB

Bosch are doubling their warranty to 4 years for free and doing a cashback thing (for us £40 ish on a £390 washer), ours was from John Lewis.

bonfield-jones
    Free Member

get the bosch fixed.

5lab

5 years on aeg stuff too at the moment. I got a washer drier for £400

cinnamon_girl

I’ve always been a Miele fan but have had disappointment with two appliances.

3.5 year old washing machine needed new thermostat due to amount of limescale. I’m the only user!

Had problem with fridge/freezer too.

With both appliances Miele repaired under warranty, washing machine had five year warranty.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Bosch every time, just get a basic model and keep it simple. Install and forget. Or get it fixed as above.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Miele… With 10yr warrantee and at about £800, and bombproof build, a no brainer. Killed a zanussi, an AEG and a Bosch before that.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Never paid more than £200 for a washing machine, don’t do the warranty thing either…

Find they last about 5 years, then they die… a wet horrible death… so I get a new one 😀 works for me!

rickmeister

This will be the kiss of death for ours but…

Mtb kit is tough on washing machines me thinks… rinse mud/grass off before washing, check washing machine filters regularly to clear debris and give the pump an easier time.. it all helps…

14 yrs of Mtb grime on our Bosch right now….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What washing machine?’ is closed to new replies.