Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What Tyre Levers?
  • z1ppy

yes I can use my thumbs for most tyres, but my 5.1's are a bugger and in the cold and wet of a ride, tyre levers would just make life easier.

Anyway my Soma's one have cracked the plastic at the ends so the metal core is showing & potentially going to damage my inner tube.

Parks ones seem to be rated he most likely to break using the limit STW search, and I'm not keen on using fully metal ones like the Intense or Lezyne ones.

So tell me I'm, wrong and should be using one of the above or recommend another set.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I really rate my Pedro's ones. They are brightly coloured and seem to do the trick for some pretty problematic tyres. Plastic only though so I'm not sure what they'd be like for really aggressively stuck tyres…

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

does it matter? as long as its some sort of lever that takes it off ;p

Garry_Lager

I've snapped a few tyre levers on a 5.1 – it really is a c_nt of a rim. I've got the technique down now, and don't think it really matters what levers you use – used all sorts.

I'd like to see the man who can take a tyre off a 5.1 with just his hands – you'd need thumbs like an orangutan.

vinnyeh

I really rate my Pedro's ones. They are brightly coloured and seem to do the trick for some pretty problematic tyres. Plastic only though so I'm not sure what they'd be like for really aggressively stuck tyres…

I really rated my Pedro's ones as well, til I snapped one in the weekend. Wire beaded DH tyre though, so I'm going to forgive them, and get another pair.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Have you tried the Crank Brothers Speed Lever.
    Hasn't failed me yet.

z1ppy

chris_mbuk – Member

What kind of comment is that? Do you understand what this forum is about?
    I bent my original halfords platic ones (years ago), and broken my Soma one's, so now I want a recommendation for something better than that..

Frankers
    Free Member

z1ppy – Member

chris_mbuk – Member

What kind of comment is that? Do you understand what this forum is about?
    I bent my original halfords platic ones (years ago), and broken my Soma one's, so now I want a recommendation for something better than that..

Think he was just joking…. lighten up fella

I would definately go for the Pedros levers which worked fine on my 5.1 rims.

I have now changed to Flow rims now that don't need so much grunting !!

FuzzyWuzzy

I still prefer Soma's myself although have also chipped the end off one.

poppa
    Free Member

Pedros for me, or else plastic ones with steel cores.

z1ppy

Pedro's seem to be winning.

Notter
    Free Member

Pedro's….(again!)

grimey
    Free Member

Pedros here too. I've had mine for ages and I haven't had a tyre yet they couldn't handle.

Also used by my LBS.

rootes1

park / pedros

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Pedros for portable, if you want some manly efforts though, there are some good ones on ebay; I have two aluminium ones that are about 30cm long. Might be for cars, not sure, but sure are man tools.

tang
    Free Member

pedros here, made owning 5.1s much less of a fight.

ojom
    Free Member

Def Pedros. Or thumbs in the shop doing puncture repairs.

We have stopped selling Parks due to snappage.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ive never broken a tyre lever in 3 years of riding z!ppy just thought it was a strange question to ask 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

Bend one of your spoons like the good old days!

KonaTC

I have a pair of Lezyne alloy tyre levers, in a neaprene sleve very nice

and I can use them to remove tyres

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What Tyre Levers?’ is closed to new replies.