• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by chip.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What to do with a (fairly rubbish) loft conversion that's not a bedroom?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Moving house soon and need to figure out what to do with this before it get’s filled with junk and lost. Headroom is about 7ft in the middle, it’s completely empty apart from the water tank and the structure of the roof, so plenty of floor area, but not much usable space to move around in.

1) Home cinema – makes the most sense but too far from the living room, can’t imagine anyone putting in the effort to go up to watch a film
    2) Suferfest/trainer road pain cave – great in theory, but would need a dedicated n+1 turbo trainer bike, and that use is already slated for the back area of the garage, and might not get approval from the Ministry of Fun Abatement.

If I don’t come up with a good idea she’s threatened to invite her entire family over for Christmas and fill the space with airbeds. Spare accommodation is fine, but having all 15-20 of them over (and they’re the kind of family that makes Christmas last 2 weeks during which leaving the house is frowned upon) would be a fate worse than death!

techsmechs
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

When did scaeletric become that expensive, I remember buying track for £1 a section!

binners

You could fit about 16 illegal immigrants in there

techsmechs
    Free Member

Its “digital”

Digital

TheBrick
    Free Member

Is it just boarded out with a roof light or has there been some structural work been done to beef up the floor?

ji
    Free Member

Unless the ventilation has been done properly it will be really hot in summer (and unless insulated well freezing in winter). Not really ideal for either of your suggestions.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Turn it back into a loft and fill it with boxes, suitcases and Christmas decorations.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Our loft is similar to that, I can only stand up under the tip of the roof, and it is my recording studio.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Grow room.
    Use product to cheer up the ministry
    Use product to comatose in laws and /or you

unovolo
    Free Member

Indoor small holding,
    couple of pigs on one side and some Ickle goats and chickens on the other.
    Bacon and Eggs for brekkie washed down with Goats milk, nice!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Model railway around the edges, turbo trainer in the middle.

pictonroad

present wrapping room.

piemonster

Defo model railway

twistedpencil

Our loft looks a bit like that, I’m slowly turning it into a play room for the kids with a small office area at one end. However it’s still got all the loft stuff up there. Loads of things to chuck out yet…

properbikeco
    Free Member

man cave, who cares what it is for – you need a space to escape…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

sex swing?

boxelder

chip
    Free Member

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What to do with a (fairly rubbish) loft conversion that's not a bedroom?’ is closed to new replies.