Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What to do with a '95 Cindercone
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I’m subject to a rather enjoyable conundrum. I’ll be the proud owner of a ’95 Cindercone at the end of the month and whilst I wouldn’t call the acquisition rash I’m starting to agree with the missus when she moans about how full the garage is.
    Do you have any ideas on how to make this an indespensible bike for the collection or will it become a sell-on job.

Mattbike

Nice bike, I have a 93 cindercone which is a lovely ride.

The frame was in a sorry state when I got it so had to repaint.

Take a look on retro bike for some inspiration.

Retro Bike

skywalker
    Free Member

Give it to me

Gunz
    Free Member

Thanks Matt, I’ll check it out. When the wife chucks me out, can I stay at yours!!:-)

clubber
    Free Member

Kids? It’ll be perfect for a child seat/trailer towing. Or just commuting.

That’s what I do on my ’95 Kilauea. Come to think of it though I actually raced it a couple of years ago when my main bike broke just before a race.

cooie

@ mattbike, what adaptor have you used for the rear disc brake?

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve got an old Hope rear disc adaptor for frames without mounts…somewhere

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hey Matt,

I have a 1998 caldera, just wondering how you have fitted the disc brake adaptor to the frame.

It looks like an A-Z one but I thought they were only for aluminium frames with a flat dropout ?

Also how easy is it to take the wheel out now ?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Really you could donate it to this place:

onandon
    Free Member

It would make a really nice single speed project for very little money.

Mattbike

It’s an A2Z adaptor wich I modified to fit.

I ended up cuting off the rack mount eyelet and with a bit of cutting, sanding, filing some sections into the adaptor I was able to fit it flat on the inside of the drop out. There was plenty of metal in it so no affect on the strength.

Wheel is slightly more difficult to get out than normal but I think they are with these adaptors. Still doable on the side of the trail if you have a puncture

I’m a closet bike hoarder as well. the wife has started to call me Mr Trebus after the hoarder off Life of Grime!

nickd01
    Free Member

Gunz – if you want to sell and it’s a 19″ I’d take it off your hands!

clubber
    Free Member

This is an A2Z adaptor fitted – my Kilauea above has a Hope universal rear mount though which braces off the canti mount. (you can kind of see it here)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What to do with a '95 Cindercone’ is closed to new replies.