Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • What time do you go to bed/get up (for work) in the morning?
  • will
    Free Member

Fair play rd! 3:30am is early lol

cheburashka
    Free Member

Up about 9-10am, bed about 2 sometimes 3am usually when working (permanent late shifts). If I did my early-late proper shifts then I have to be up about 90 mins before starting work, early start times have ranged over the years from 1.10am (up before midnight) to about 7.30am. Permanent jetlag, hence the permanent lates now.

seven
    Free Member

usually up at the back of 7, rarely go to bed on the same day I got up

1981miked
    Free Member

I start at daft o’clock in the morning and it varies most days. I can get by on 4 hours sleep a night at busy times. Getting more now as work has calmed down a bit. I just can’t sleep if I go to bed to early.

tazzymtb

by the time I’ve had a bit of family time and then caught up with work emails/reports etc.. I’m usually in bed for 11:30 brain actually shuts down for sleep about 12:30

get up varies depending on the day/client requirements but ranges from 03:00 (site visits) to 6:00 if I’m in the office

got to love the old management “any hours as needed” clause that means all this is for fun with no overtime

brakes
    Free Member

sleep between 1200 and 0100
    up between 0600 and 0800
    so anywhere between 5 and 8 hours sleep, on average probably 7
    can’t possibly go to sleep before midnight unless I’m knackered or beered

druidh
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    can’t possibly go to sleep before midnight unless I’m knackered

Yep. If I go to bed too early I lie awake for even longer because I’m so restless. Typically, bed around 2am, but sometimes later. When I was working, I was getting up around 7 through the week and typically the same at the weekends in order to be out walking or cycling. 4-5 hours of sleep each night is all I’ve managed for 20 years or more.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Bed 11ish up at 5am.

grantway
    Free Member

Normally up at 5 am out by 6 am and back between 8 to 10 pm

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

My commute is about 1 meter, so up around 9. Bed between 12 and 2.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Looking at the replies so far and as someone who works in sleep medicine its quite worrying.

There is a hugh amount of research that shows that less than 6 hours of sleep per night has a profound effect on neurological, endocrine (this includes weight gain and diabetes) and cardiovascular function; Far too much to discuss here but google sleep hygene and try your best to get good sleep.

singletrackmind

Varies bewteen 8.30 and 9.00pm . If i know i have a quiet day i might push the boat out and stay up till 9.30pm .
    Up at 0600 monday , 0500 tue – fri . Home at 4.00pm , dinner 6pm , shower 8pm bed /read / sleep.
    Even with 8 hours a night I have been sleeping 10 – 11 hours a night over the weekends too , and got in an hour at lunchtime today .

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bed at 10 up at 5 if cycling 6 if driving

Fooking hate night shift but have to do it occasionally off shore – hit bed at 6.30 and wake up at 5 for 6pm start need alot more sleep when working nights

tazzymtb

Fooking hate night shift

+1 especially when you have to do them back to back with day shifts, it takes me about a week to remember who I am and what I am after those

speshspenner
    Free Member

Bed at 9, up at 4.40 for work, possibly cycle in but if it’s raining I’m in the car. 12hr shift, home and repeat the next day!.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye done that tazzy flight to the rig was delayed for fog i landed at 5 and went straight to nights at 6 felt awful for about a week

john_drummer
    Free Member

endocrine (this includes weight gain and diabetes)

<waves>

actually, I’ve lost about 2 stone since being diagnosed. 2 more to go…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Same time as Andy Murray.

GrahamS

Some people on here work waaaaaaay too hard!

MrOvershoot

BenHouldsworth – Member

Looking at the replies so far and as someone who works in sleep medicine its quite worrying.

There is a hugh amount of research that shows that less than 6 hours of sleep per night has a profound effect on neurological, endocrine (this includes weight gain and diabetes) and cardiovascular function; Far too much to discuss here but google sleep hygene and try your best to get good sleep.

After all the stuff that needs doing at home I get to bed between 12:00 & 01:00 AM then up at 06:30.
    But my wife needs help during the night so I’m up anything up to 8 times for up to 1/4 hour at a time, so is it any wonder I feel like shit and have high blood pressure

donsimon
    Free Member

Night all.

v8ninety

Whilst on days; bed at 11pmish, up at 5.15am
    Whilst on nights; bed at 7am up between midday and 2pm depending on what the shift was like, and whether in again that night.
    Whilst on off days; bed at midnight, up 8-9am, depending on the little one.

addy6402

Bed 12-1 ish, up at 7 (or about 7.30)

Edukator
    Free Member

Morning all.

leffeboy

Good thread. I’m up at 6:30 and bed at midnight. I need about 1 hr more than that and thought I was a bit disfunctional but it’s looking normal now. It takes a surprising amount of effort to get to bed early when you’ve been running around doing stuff all day and just need ‘non-stuff’ time

_tom_
    Free Member

Started a new job next week which is a 50 minute drive away, at the minute having to get up at 6 to get showered etc before my parents need to use the bathroom. Not looking forward to starting the proper shift pattern next week, on the earlies I’ll be leaving at about 5:30 🙁 I struggle to sleep before 11 so probably won’t be getting much sleep on those weeks! Worth it though because the job is awesomely fun and doesn’t actually feel like work.

buttercup
    Free Member

On days I work, Up by 5. In bed by midnight, no earlier than 9. Doesn’t mean I’m sleeping though.
    OH! I lied. I just shifted to nights..
    In bed by 7am. Up at about 1 or 2.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bed between 11 and 12.30, up about 6. During frequent bouts of insomnia though, was often bed at 6, up at 7 for. 3-4 days on the trot 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Morning Edukator. 😉

weeksy

I’m asleep by 11pm… i get up at 6, start work at 7.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Glad to hear its lack of sleep thats making me fat. I thought it was my love of cakes and biscuits and not getting out on the bike much due to long work hours. Vanilla slice anyone?

Solo
    Free Member

My alarm sounded at 2:50am this morning.

I will be here at this desk until 7:00pm tonight.

What a life rat race, eh ?.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Get up 5am, drive 20 miles and then cycle the remaining 6 miles to work.
    If I am doing a run after the cycle (usually twice a week) then get up at 4.45am.

Usually in bed between 10.30-11pm.

I always look tired 8)

samuri
    Free Member

Depends on what I’m doing.

If I’m cycling in to work then I’ll get to bed before 11:30, up at 5:00
    If I’m not cycling then usually to bed around 12:30, maybe 1:00, up at 6:00.

I seem to sleep better when I’m not cycling in, my guess being that I don’t feel as much pressure to get to sleep quickly.

All makes no odds though, I’m always awake by 4:00. 🙁

GrahamS

I’m slightly concerned by the amount of sleep some people are (not) getting!

Whatever happened to aiming for 8 hours sleep?

If folk are only getting 3 or 4 hours sleep a night then no wonder heart attacks, depression and diabetes are on the rise.

Explains why there are so many cranky, grumpy, borderline schizophrenics on this forum too! 😯

clubber
    Free Member

Whatever happened to aiming for 8 hours sleep?

That doesn’t work for everyone – I just can’t sleep that much on any regular basis. If I go to bed too early, I just end up awake at stupid o’clock in the morning.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.Fleck.

Stayed up late watching something on tv last night. Overslept by around an hour and a half this morning. Bollix! I hate oversleeping.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ah well- I think I’ll go to be now. Had an hours doze on my break on the night shift otherwise I have now been awake 24 hrs.

I am used to it tho and I don’t do too many shifts.

buttercup
    Free Member

All makes no odds though, I’m always awake by 4:00.

Cycle everyday, then! 😉

8 hours is irrelevant. Sometimes I wake up, after 2 hours, ready to take on the world.
    I get by perfectly on the ‘slumber with a key’ route if I dont get to sleep the night before.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Was it Walking with Giants DD?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘What time do you go to bed/get up (for work) in the morning?’ is closed to new replies.