Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What tablet for £250 that can run usb harddrives??
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all im looking at getting a tablet to replace my really old laptop and im not sure where to start.

I would like one that will power and run my external hardrives which i have music and movies on.

full hd would be nice but not essential!!

my father in law has a cheap chinese thing running android and its really slow?? is this the case with all of them??

what can you recommend i look at that then?

cheers

Steve

Shakey
    Free Member

Blackberry Playbook 😆

clubber
    Free Member

my father in law has a cheap chinese thing
    running android and its really slow?? is this the
    case with all of them??

no. some of the cheaper/older ones will slow down if you have intensive things running.

parkesie
    Free Member

Acer 500 runs a usb hard drive fine.

scaredypants

I have n advent vega with the corvus5 rom on it – prety sure it’ll do USB hosting but haven’t tried it

I doubt it’s at all “fast” but it’s great for pissing about on. You could prob get one for under £150 new – and they periodically come up on ebay from pcworld for around 130

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

2nd shout for Advent Vega. Running latest version of Android Ice Cream Sandwich, plenty fast enough, reads my USB hard drive fine, also connects to TV via HDMI to watch you tube etc on big screen.

Regards

konabunny
    Free Member

If you have iPlayer on an Android device like the Advent Vega, is getting the content up on the screen just as simple as connecting HDMI?

(Assuming both tablet and TV have HDMI, of course).

parkesie
    Free Member

Simple hdmi cable plug and play

mikertroid
    Free Member

I had a Toshiba Thrive that would use hard drives and had an SD input.

I chopped it for an iPad as all my hard drives are mac formatted so the thrive didn’t recognise them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What tablet for £250 that can run usb harddrives??’ is closed to new replies.