• This topic has 27 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What sort of person..
  • woodster

Message from someone I sold a 105 mech to on eBay

“Hi what sort of person sends a rear mech wrapped in sellotape and shoved in a jiffy bag? Did you not think about putting it in a box?”

That’s it. Nothing about it having any damage or anything (and for the record it was wrapped in bubble wrap then taped up, no tape directly on the mech and the jiffy bag was sealed so it was held in place). I’d have happily chucked it out a third floor window as it was.

What am I even supposed to reply?

cyclelife
    Free Member

“FO Tw@@ ” would probably suffice!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ignore, and move on.

theotherjonv

“the sort of person who sells second hand 105 mechs for cheap prices on ebay.

If you wanted a box, you should have bought it from the bike shop”

shermer75
    Free Member

Some people are such massive idiots!

jekkyl

delete.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Add them to your blocked bidder list

Del

sorry?

Phil_H

Surely the reply should be

“Hi,
    Thank you for your email.
    In answer to your question, I would. I thought about putting it in a box but decided against that course of action as it seemed unnecessary.
    Kind regards”

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Planet X
    next question…

takisawa2

i would send him a box.
    Ideally full of cockroaches.
    But at the very least full of glitter.

cdoc
    Free Member

I bought two 105 rear mechs off here and both arrived very damaged.
    Both were sent in bags with a little bubblewrap.

I feel his pain.

jimbobo
    Free Member

Ooh ohh can I play?

Sold a 2006 renault laguna estate boot cover on ebay. 99p start, collection from Leeds. left over after we scrapped the hateful thing, but migh be handy if yours is broken and I’d rather it go to someone who needs it than bin it. Winning bidder paid £7.

buyer: wants it posting to Ayr.
    Suggested i was not interested in posting it, but he insists he can arrange a courier.
    buyer: Will I be in between 9-12 during the week? No, but I’ll leave it by the door.
    buyer: will it be safe? Not sure what the balckmarket in 2006 laguna parcel shelfs is like, but for £7 I’ll take the risk.
    thing doesn’t move for a week, buyer has given courier the wrong address. finally the parcel shelf gets collected, i get negative feedback for not putting it in a box with bubble wrap instead opting for a few bin bags and some taoe (for free as it was collection only). Idiot.

yiman
    Free Member

Sounds like the bloke who bought something off me which had second class postage on the listing, then insisted that I should have sent it recorded delivery because he always does.

“Maybe you should have offered to pay extra for the postage service you wanted rather than the one you read was included on the listing”.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Your reply should ask if the mech arrived safe and sound okay? 😉

I’d probably put anything like a mech in a box if it was me, well wrapped up in bubblewrap so it fills the entire box and has to be squashed into it.

On an irrational/emotional level, I almost feel that once something is created it deserves to exist unscathed. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Send him a pic of you and the box. I’ll leave the pose to your imagination or the gutter dwellers of stw…

funkmasterp

I’d just reply saying ‘yep, thought about it but decided not to. That’s why it arrived in a jiffy bag and not a box you Dickhead’

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’d be more pissed off if it didn’t come with some Haribo.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

“I used the box to post the severed fingers of the last d!ck that emailed me in that manner. Soz”

gwaelod
    Free Member

Tell him it’s the British Cycling/Team Sky way of doing things.

qwerty
    Free Member

I sold a bed base on eBay, I quoted the width & length in the item description. The lady drove a long way to collect it. A day later I got messaged asking why her matress didn’t fit it! Guess who bid and brought without reading the item description…….

turboferret

‘Sold’ some Boxxer forks on eBay.

Winner #1 decided that after telling me he would come and collect them, just stopped responding to all messages 🙄

Relisted

Winner #2 (French) Can I wait 4 days for payment, about a week later, when politely asked whether he was going to pay, responds with a simple no 👿

Reslisted again

Winner #3 (Brazilian – I really must stop allowing overseas bidders) has not responded at all to a couple of messages over a week after the auction has ended 😕

This was despite a pretty strongly worded addendum to the auction saying that if you didn’t intend paying, don’t bother bidding!

Getting a bit peeved….

Cheers, Rich

matt_outandabout

I sold 80m2 of parquet flooring, rescued from the skip outside an bank that was being renovated. £180 profit for skip diving. ( 😉 )
    It was listed with warning of –
    a) having been worn on the bank floor for many, many years
    b) tar on the reverse, that had been used as a glue
    c) likely 30% waste due to damage when it was lifted
    d) currently stacked as best I could a random variety of cardboard boxes.
    e) you need a gert big van to collect it in, as it fills a room of the house.
    f) you will need to help lift the boxes out when collecting.

The buyer turned up in a Clio. 😕
    They buyer returned with a mates van, and spent the 15 mins loading grumping about the boxes it was in and the fact they had to load. 🙄
    Sent rude emails about the state of the second hand, worn floor. 🙄
    Demanded a full refund. 😆

ski
    Free Member

Just reply with’ please check my other auction items’

Then place a advert for ‘box for ****ts’

nickfrog
    Free Member

The only non-positive feedback I got as a seller was from a bloke who I sold a Crumpler XL photography bag. He found it too small for a XL. I tried to explain that XL was the sizing the manufacturer chose to call it for that particular size and that was quite subjective and really nothing to do with me. He couldn’t comprehend. You’ll always find someone more stupid than you.

jekkyl

what was the outcome matt you dumpster diver!?

thomthumb
    Free Member

i think you are all missing the questions. What sort of person…?

I would respond with a short essay entitled ‘What sort of person am I?’

I am a kind person, I will stop to let old ladies cross the road, I let other cars out of junctions; but never taxis. I will hold the door for a lady. I like to admire the view on a bicylce ride, but not on the days were i am going as fast as possible. I don’t like food waste, sometimes i pick an ugly pepper in the supermarket becuase noone else will. ETC ETC ETC.

gonzy
    Free Member

I will hold the door for a lady. I like to admire the view

pervert!! 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What sort of person..’ is closed to new replies.