Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what size pins in Shimano MX30 flat pedals
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Anyone know what size pins go in the Shimano MX30 flat pedals? I have had the vernier calipers on a pin I took out and it says 2.70. Umm grub screws come in 2.5mm or 3mm or M2.5 or M3 if you like. The original pins are rubbish and just too short.

Shimnao ones are typical rip off so I thought some stainless grub screws would be as good as anything. You can get 4 times as many for half the price! no brainer really. So is this a funny size pin or are my calipers crap?

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

Someone a while ago on her IIRC recommended these for the MX30s, I have them in my ebay watch list for when I need some replacements, so I cant voucher for them just yet but for the money, its not a great risk.

Click here

HTHs? 😀

Hip
    Free Member

M3x8 or M3x6 is what your after. The 8mm long ones seemed a little too long in my dx's with around 4mm proud of the pedal, didn't like the thought of them ripping into my shins so went for some 6mm long ones which didn't look so nasty. 😀 Still offer plenty of grip though.

Take a few out and see how long they are before you choose, or buy both!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is it not M4?

I drilled and tapped mine to M5.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

na defo not M4. 2.74mm with my digital calipers and the standard pins are bang on 6mm long.

zbonty

Has anyone actually managed to remove the original(tiny) pins.

I struggled, gave up and bought something else.

There are 40 buggering pins to change ffs!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what size pins in Shimano MX30 flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.