Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What *short* bibshorts?
  • ourmaninthenorth

OK, feels a bit early for riding in just shorts, but I’m on the hunt for shoter cut bibshorts.

Being what one might charitably describe as having a “sprinter’s build”, all shorts tend to end up very long on the leg (esp Giordana).

I’m aware that Shutt VR do one. Any others?

CaptJon
    Free Member

These from wiggle are great. I’d hapily pay another £70 for a pair. Clearly that is only helpful if they have your size left in stock.

pullfaces
    Free Member

I have about eight pairs of bib-shorts from a variety of manufacturers.
    What is without doubt true is that the Gore pair I have are the shortest in the leg.
    Don’t know if this holds true for the latest models, I think I’ve had the Gore pair about three years but it is what I would recommend you are after if so. I would try before you buy though. Every manufacturer I have has a different cut and some very different sizing from others.
    XL in Briko about the same as medium in Lusso.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldgit
    Free Member

Northwave. I’ve got several pairs of 53/11’s and I always have a gap between my knee warmers and shorts. So they must be more than three inches shorter than my older shorts.

edhornby

i’ve got a pair of castelli bibs and wearing them in summer gives me a Sean Yates tanline(tm)* properly short

*does not denote talent

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers all – I’ll go on the hunt for something suitable for that Yates hardman look.

And a new pair of shorts

oldgit
    Free Member

‘Yates’ look! I like that. Previously I had reffered to it as the ‘Terry Butcher’ look.

mattp
    Free Member

i have a similar problem in the leg department but found that pearl izumi tri shorts & bibs to be shorter than the average. it might be worth trying these or similar

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Castelli are reasonably short but best check which you buy. My Bodypaint ones are longer than training ones.

The new Rapha race shorts are short to. Although not worn those on the bike yet.

Le Col ones are lovely to. You looked at those?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry couldn’t resist 🙂 On a serious not Spesh ones are not short but certainly not long? BUt I guess you mean mid thigh?

AdamML
    Free Member

Shutt VR standard bib shorts are even marketed as the “Sean Yates” look

http://www.shuttvr.com/shop/productdetail.php?id=SVR_Bibs

I’ve got a pair, top value at £39 a go.

rootes1

cannondale ones are quiet short and come in their nice matt lycra

maxlite
    Free Member

I’ve thought about having turn-ups on mine 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wear Endura and a colleague commented they looked like hotpants. I assume he meant they are quite short, not that he was trying to chat me up.

ourmaninthenorth

top value at £39 a go

Damn. They were £29 yesterday. Doh!

FuzzyWuzzy

The DHB ones on the 2nd post are good shorts but the leg length isn’t particularly short (I have a couple of pairs and they go almost to the top of my knee). Might have to check out those Shutt VR ones myself…

brassneck

I’ve got the Shutt ones, even @ 39 they are worth the money. If you join the clubroom I think you get a discount on top anyway?

ourmaninthenorth

brassneck – how do you find sizing? I usually have to opt for large (hence this issue – I’m 5’7″..!). Sized about right?

AdamML
    Free Member

@ourmaninthenorth Sorry to jump in – IME these are sized much more for the UK market than the Italian market. I’m 5’11” but there’s not a lot of me width wise and I’d be happy with either small or medium.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What *short* bibshorts?’ is closed to new replies.