Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What Satnav?
  • dogthomson

I’m tryna get a bit further afield with my driving and think a Satnav may come in handy. Which should I look at? Ideally wanna spend as little as poss, say… £100 max? Is that do-able?

bruneep

Get a Thomas Thomas

dogthomson

Which!?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

another vote for the tomtom. Easy to use.

Or mtfu and use a map.

CountZero

neilsonwheels, it’s all fine and dandy saying use a map, but trying to drive and use a map when you’re on your own in a car is worse than using a mobi for sheer distraction. I know, I’ve done it and it’s bloody dangerous.

uplink
    Free Member

Tomtom all the way

paulosoxo
    Free Member

tom tom one. Easy

hot_fiat

Hmm, I would have said TomTom a while ago, but having experienced the complete farce that is their customer service department I’d advise you to steer well clear.

Great software, but the hardware’s poorly built.

fisha
    Free Member

TomTom here too. It just works the way you expect it to. Heck, even my wife manages it …..yeah, its that easy !

CHB

Garmin. Great kit AND great back up when you get a problem.

retro83
    Free Member

tomtom juan

hot_fiat

If anyone’s interested in what it’s like to deal with the numpties at TomTom support you can read all about my experiences here:

DumDum

jon1973
    Free Member

Or mtfu and use a map.

yawn

montylikesbeer

Friend of mine has a Garmin, its good buy.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Tomtom One Europe.

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I’d definitely go for a TomTom. I’ve used them in the UK regularly and driven to the Netherlands with one. Easy to understand and nice clear display. Used a friends Garmin a while back and really didn’t like it. Found that the display and instructions were nowhere near as clear as the TomTom and some of the road choices were questionable, to say the least!

retro83
    Free Member

hot_fiat – Member

If anyone’s interested in what it’s like to deal with the numpties at TomTom support you can read all about my experiences here:

DumDum

Wow, that is shite.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What Satnav?’ is closed to new replies.