Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • what reasonably priced very small pack size waterproof jacket ?
  • iainc

looking for something for road rides that will easily pop into a jersey pocket. I realise it won’t be completely ‘dry’

My MTB ones are too bulky to fit in jersey pockets…

crikey
    Free Member

Castelli squadra from wiggle. A bit boil in the bag, but as good as anything else.

Northwind

Montane do a tiny jacket that I reckon I could fit in my mouth… It’s not the most waterproof over time, but moderately breathable.

Trekster

Montane or Polaris is what I have. There is a nice Rab I got for s-I-law

crikey
    Free Member

Northwind, that’s a bit of a gift that post…

Special_ized_Jamie

I have a couple Montane jackets. One very light weight one called a velo I think and another slightly heavier one which I picked u from go outdoors for £50 at xmas. Both pack up into something the size of a an apple and have been faultless

iainc

excellent – will go look for mouth sized Montane ones – i wonder if the shops will let me test it for size that way 😆

globalti
    Free Member

The problem with all of these super-lightweight occasional use jackets is that the fabric is so light and thin that they balloon badly in the wind. I have been looking around for ages and haven’t yet found a compact waterproof that fits snugly.

FuzzyWuzzy

Ended up with an Endura pakajak myself as the Montanes were too spendy for something I’ll probably never wear.

frogstomp

+1 for Montane Featherlite.. can get a bit sweaty in warmer weather but other than that it performs great for its size / packability.

I also have the Montane Velocity which is a bit more expensive and a bit bulkier (packs to about grapefruit size) but has better features and gives better protection.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Although not cheap, I’ve found the Sportful Hot Pack to be very good.

iainc

Fuzzywuzzy – the pakajak was on my list – how do you rate it ? cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

look out for the montane velo.
    Packs to mouth sized. Can be waterproofed reasonably well with haevy doses of grangers/nikwax washin and spray on treatments. Good in a breeze and a quick shower. Long tail and arms for on the bike.

Sometimes they come up in sales, but at the moment all the sellers sem to be around £35.

MSP

The montane velo is a very slim fit, so not sure how it can balloon, in fact its too small to go over my forearms (but the less said about that the better).

The new endura rebound jacket looks interesting, its apparently a much more stretchy material than the usual windproofs, though I haven’t seen one in the shops yet so don’t know how small it packs up.

http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx?dept_id=122&prod_id=137

therag
    Free Member

Really happy with my endura helium £80 small, light & slim fit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘what reasonably priced very small pack size waterproof jacket ?’ is closed to new replies.