Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What rear tyre are you running on your DW-Link Flux / 5-Spot?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

What rear tyre are you using on your Flux or 5-Spot? It’s not just a noddy, what tyre thread… the clearance is bonkers low – and interested to know what low profile, good mud clearing tyres people are using…

Cheers chaps

Ricks

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

High roller 2.35 – no problems with clearance.

rickon
    Free Member

Poop the bed!

2.25 RocketRon on the rear and there’s about 2mm of clearance.

I seem to remember that the Exception series Maxxis tyres had a low profile, so might actually be a good option.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Rubber queens might be a tad tall in 2.2

wrecker
    Free Member

Rubber queens might be a tad tall in 2.2
    I’ve had zero problems with that exact tyre. Maybe the 2011s had improved clearance?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mostly dependent on which rims you are running I would assume?

rickon
    Free Member

Hmmm… the ERD + the rim depth + the tyre profile…

Wont the tyre bead be mounted at the same point regardless though…. the bead doesn’t have much stretch does it?

honeybadgerx

I’ve found 2.25 rocket rons to be quite ‘high’ as well (can’t give you any more engineering fact than that), find I can’t get away with them on the front using SID’s (might be down to a relatively flexy front wheel also).

crofts2007
    Free Member

Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1 wire bead on either DT Swiss 420’s or Mavic 317’s. Seems to give enough clearance for me.
    Also tried with Mountain King 2.1’s as well, still ok.

dickie
    Free Member

2.25 Rocket Ron, no issues.

rickon
    Free Member

Dickie – with your RR, how much clearance do you have at DW-link pivot – i.e. the base of the chain stays.

It’s not the side of the tyre that gives small clearance, it’s the top – i.e. height, not width.

dickie
    Free Member

I’ll have a check tonight.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

2.25 snakeskin Racing Ralph on a Stans arch. Plenty of space.

AD

1.9 High Roller – huge amounts of clearance…

Vortexracing

I have run a 2.5 HR on the back of my 5 spot and currently have a 2.25 Ardent on. Loads of clearance

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

got a 2.3 high roller on at the mo have run a 2.4 mountain king and a 2.35 bonty XR4 and there massive!

bonty`s

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What rear tyre are you running on your DW-Link Flux / 5-Spot?’ is closed to new replies.