Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What phone?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Sorry if this has already been don to death, but I’m too lazy to do much of a search!

I’m now in a position that I need to move from Pay-as-you-go to a contract, but don’t know what phone to get. I’d like to use the phone as a MP3 player as well as a phone so I’m considering the iphone, will I regret it?

Also I’ve currently got an old Samsung which fits in my pocket nicely, however most current phones look pretty large how have you got on with the change of size / shape?

Thanks.

Mackem

Iphone is canny but might be overkill pricewise if all you want is an MP3 player. If you want something smaller an HTC Legend is a bit smaller than most smartphones and works great. Should be cheap too.

_tom_
    Free Member

iPhones are nice but too battery intensive even if you only use it as just a phone and mp3 player (imo). I’d look at something android based like a Samsung or something. at least if the standard battery life is bad you can replace it with a higher capacity one.

jam-bo

All smartphones have poor battery life but then I can charge mine at home, in the car and the office so no real issues there.

iPhone is slickest, android is probably good too but ive go too many apps bought to bother trying one out.

headpotdog
    Free Member

I’ve got an HTC Desire S & really like the Android platform. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that I prefer it to I Phone.

MarkyG82

Android is a good shout. Would recommend the wildfire s or galaxy ace if thats the type of phone you want.

On the other hand, if you are definitely not going to use all the features of a smart phone there are stacks of others with normal buttons that can be used as mp3 players and will also have a better battery life.

Either way, have a look at the local CEX and whatever sim only deals from your chosen carrier. Or take a look at giff gaff.

phiiiiil

I recently went from a PAYG phone to a contract Sony Ericsson xperia mini; much smaller than most smartphones so fits in a pocket easily but still does everything a larger one does. I haven’t used it as a music player but I assume it’s the same as any other Android phone in that regard…

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Nokia lumia , have been a long time nokia fan and this is my first venture with the windows mobile platform , its a great phone and if your on orange and chose a panther package you can get a swappable called deezer , you can stream and download music for free and even use it in offline mode … 15 million tracks to chose from!

aftershock
    Free Member

I got the Galaxy ace, brilliant phone and has excellent GPS for cycling.

I installed Easy Battery Saver App (free) and now have no problems with battery life when out. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What phone?’ is closed to new replies.