Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • What metal wedding ring?
  • cheese@4p

Should I be looking to save weight and £s by going down the Ti route or go for gold (which can be sized).

jam-bo

platinum.

d0ugal
    Free Member

i have titanium, the wife has platinum

mine cost about 30 quid off ebay
    cheap as chips, then again i seldom wear it

binners

platinum is the only way to go

pedalhead
    Free Member

Mine's Ti. It breaks the old adage, cheap light strong – choose two, because it is actually all three (in the context of wedding rings) 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

platinum +2

Talkemada
    Free Member

Gold. Do it properly ffs.

Platinum looks boring, and Titanium is a funny colour.

Titanium with gold and platinum inlaid would be nice!

jam-bo

wedding rings aren't supposed to look flash…

bruk

Odd isn't it that Titanium is the cheap option.

Platinum if you want to break your bank balance but I prefer my Ti wedding band and it is pretty indestructable too.

Don't realy like the look of gold and white gold is waaay too fragile needing plating etc regularly.

TooTall
    Free Member

Gold – not white gold – proper gold.

couby
    Free Member

another shout for platinum here

joolsburger
    Free Member

mines thin gold

jam-bo

it is pretty indestructable too.

if you destroy any wedding ring your hand isn't gonna in much of a shape to wear one again anyway…

buy online for better pricing, we saved over £700 on ours.

akira

Mine's Ti and Platinum, looks nice without being flash and will last.

cheese@4p

Ive been warned off Titanium by a jeweller who reckons your fingers can change and Ti is too hard to be changed. But they probably just wanted to sell me a more expensive ring.

huw
    Free Member

Or for something different – I've got a paladium wedding ring. Very hard wearing too if you're not planning on taking it off whilst riding etc.

vinnyeh

platinum.
    Sorry, but I think titanium's a bit naff/geeky.

Talkemada
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

mines tungsten inlaid with a gold strip

tron
    Free Member

Whatever she wants. Only jewellery a bloke should wear is a watch.

If you must have one, I suggest you also buy an upright piano. You then have a convenient and safe location in which to "lose" it.

nicko74

I'm lost. What is that picture of Jimmy Tarbuck supposed to show?

traildog
    Free Member

I went paladium. Was warned off Titanium as it's difficult to alter and buff up. Platinum would have been the best but is too much money for me. Some like Gold but I personnally don't and it's quite soft and white gold requires a lot of up keep.
    Saying that, it's a personal choice so go with what makes you happy.

M6TTF
    Free Member

platinum and white gold here – don't like regular bling gold, I'm not p-diddy for f**cks sake

4130soul
    Free Member

be a man! buy Steel!!!
    well, it's what i've got anyway. 8mm width steel band with a 1mm silver band running through it. brought it from a bespoke jewellers in Bath but can't remember the name, sorry

dmiller
    Free Member

Palladium + 1

JtotheP68
    Free Member

I went palladium, very hard wearing, but fairly heavy, not as heavy as platinum, its like the poor man's platinum basically.

Tiger6791

Welsh Gold

Some like Gold but I personnally don't and it's quite soft

Yes it is quite soft and this is a good thing as I got mine caught last week, nearly ripped my finger off. Fortunately the ring snapped and came away and all I was left with was a broken finger.

Had it been steel, titanium etc it may have been bye bye finger 😐

HeatherBash
    Free Member

What Tron said plus they can be a real liability for some sports / working with tools etc.

Had to have mine surgically removed – dont wear one now.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Platinum here. Hard wearing, and even leave it on when spannering the bikes. Looks slightly roughed up but not battered, I really like it.

davidrussell
    Free Member

gold =

platinum =

paladium =

convert

Ti for the active bloke, platinum for the passive bird. Sadly my passive bird became active & took up swimming in a big way and demonstrated its potential to get knocked about until she was banned (by me) from wearing it in the pool.

My ti ring looks about as good as it did the day we got married despite the usual rock climbing & biking scrapes. First ring was the wrong size and as it can't be resized had to go back and replaced. I don't plan on becoming any fatter so it shouldn't need to get made bigger and I'm told if you loose enough weight it falls off your finger you are free to live your life the way nature intended again so everyone's a winner.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

White Gold too, but only the decent stuff otherwise the colour 'rubs off'!

Sticking with gold is better from a safety POV 'cos medics can cut through it more easily 🙂

turboferret

I went for tungsten with a platinum inlay, tungsten stays shiny, and the platinum is a contrasting dull tone.

Missus has titanium for both her rings.

Cheers, Rich

DT78
    Free Member

I'm going for paladium. The missus unfortunately cannot be persuaded away from platinium.

Definetly buy online. Much cheaper

I went into a shop to see the metals, I had a paladium, platinium and white gold ring on the same finger and really couldn't tell the difference visually (there was a weight difference)

Now the question I'm fretting with is what size – 6mm or 7mm….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So, it looks like my stainless steel wedding ring is one of a kind, yes? :mrgreen:

SuperScale20
    Free Member

DT78 Get you cash out and get your missus what she wants "scrooge" supposed to be her special day not yours.

odannyboy
    Free Member

+1 here for Ti

its just a "this blokes taken, owned, lifes over, etc etc" badge any how.
    😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Normal gold.

If you want to be "a bit different", just get married in a football mascot suit or something.

Carbis

I have a plain platinum band which has burnished quite nicely to look understated. For cost savings also check out the jewelery quarter in Birmingham where a lot of rings that you see on the high street are made.

DT78
    Free Member

lol – there is being a scrooge and actually being able to afford the damn thing. £500 for platinum or £250 for paladium which look the same… anyway she will be getting what she wants.

Anyone have tips for finding £8k by July?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘What metal wedding ring?’ is closed to new replies.